No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mvmeta

Hello,

I'm a french user of stata software. I'm actually using STATA in order to realize a multivariate meta-analysis.
    I'm using the "mvmeta" package from Ian R White 2009.

There is now an extension from this package (Ian R White 2011) that I'm not able to download..

I don't understand why because it's something easy..when I download the update, it doesn't change anything...

For example:

in the script, I always have corr(expression) instead of the update wscorr(expression).

Does someone could help me ?

Thank you very much,

Diane

Welcome to Statalist.

I'm not quite able to understand what you have done, and what the problem is. Perhaps someone more familiar with mvmeta will post.

While we wait for such a post, I do understand that the original release of mvmeta used the "corr" option, while the update now replaces "corr" with the "wscorr" option.

I am guessing that you have used the adoupdate command to download and install the latest version of mvmeta. If not, what is it that you have done?

I don't understand what you mean by

in the script, I always have corr(expression) instead of the update wscorr(expression).
    In what script is that? If you are referring to a do-file of yours that runs the mvmeta command, you need to make the changes to your do-file yourself to adapt it to the latest version of mvmeta.

Comment

Ok, I'll try to better explain the matter.

With the version of IR White, 2009:

When you write "help mvmeta" in the command box, you obtain the message below with "corr(expression)" in the syntax

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      help for mvmeta Ian White
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Multivariate random-effects meta-analysis

Description

mvmeta performs multivariate random-effects meta-analysis on a data-set of point estimates, variances and (optionally) covariances.

Syntax

mvmeta b V [if] [in] [, reml|ml|mm|fixed vars(varlist) corr(expression) start(expression) showstart showchol keepmat(bname Vname) nouncertainv
      eform(name) bscorr bscov missest(#) missvar(#) maximize_options ]

__________________________________________________ ____________________

If now I write "update all" in the command box and then, go to help button and ask "mvmeta"

You obtain a list of update files including

SJ-15-4 st0156-2 which is the update of mvmeta (White IR 2011).

In this update, you normally obtain a syntax containing

mvmeta b V [if] [in] [, reml|ml|mm|fixed vars(varlist) wscorr(expression)

The problem is that when I upload SJ-15-4 st0156-2

I do not have the upload version of mvmeta cause I still have corr(expression) in the syntax...

I don't understand why the software won't upload the package..

Hoping my question is more understable than the first time.

Thanks,

Diane

Comment

Hello Diane,

I wonder whether you have already typed:

Code:
        . which mvmeta
        so as to appropriately check if the new version was downloaded.

Shall the new program still be lacking, and considering you selected the appropriate commands so as to perform the installation, you might well envisage two aspects: restrictions in your computer, or a temporary problem with the source.

Best,

Marcos
        Last edited by Marcos Almeida; 22 Dec 2016, 07:15.
        Best regards,

Marcos

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer.

I'll try to install the uploaded vesion of "mvmeta" by myself. My boss succeded when downloading, so I'll take his dofile

Kind regards,

Diane

Comment

The update all command only updates official Stata commands. As I suggested in post #2, you need to use the adoupdate command to update the user-written mvmeta command.

I strongly discourage trying to update using someone else's do-file. The update may update several other do-files as well.

Comment

Working...
            X