Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing coefficients of two fixed effect panel data regressions

I have panel data of basketball players in a certain league across 7 years, and I created a ranking system to measure their individual performance.
    Now, I want to test whether this individual performance measure is consistent across seasons in order to verify it and in order to show that it makes sense.

I thought of doing 7 regressions (one for each season) where the dependent variable is the individual performance of a player, and the only independent variable is the player's team final position in the league at the end of the season, After that, I would like to check whether the βs are significantly different (hopefully not being able to reject the null hypothesis, saying that my measure is consistent).

Any idea how do I do that? or suggestions for better ways to do that?

thanks a lot!

Andy.
    welcome to the list.
    Instead of peforming 7 different regressions, I would consider interacting season with player's team final position (please, see -hel fvvarlist-) within a unique regression.
    As an aside, I would point you out to FAQ, especially on how to report what you typed and what Stata gave you back via CODE delimiters.
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (StataNow 18.5)

Comment

Working...
    X