No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change the font of a table with esttab

Dear all,

I am trying to change the font of my tables that I export to word. I use the command esttab and I can export the table just fine, but it appears always in Times New Roman, which is apparently the default. I found the command fonttbl(string) in the documentation, but it does not work for me in the way described there. I always get the error message: option fonttbl() not allowed r(198);

This is the code I use. Without the part: fonttbl(\f0\fnil Arial; ) it works fine.
    Code:

*exporting the table
        esttab mod1 mod2 mod3 mod4  using Reg1.rtf , label replace obslast    /*
        */ order($list1A) r2 compress star(* 0.10 ** 0.05 *** 0.01) /*
        */  fonttbl(\f0\fnil Arial; ) /*
        */ nogaps nonotes t(3) b(%8.3f) addnotes("Control variables" "Time variables") /*
        */ drop(var1 var2)
    Thank you very much in advance. Any help would be appreciated!

Kind regards
    Johannes

The following code works for me, it change the font to Arial:
    Code:
    sysuse auto, clear
    eststo: reg price i.foreign weight length
    esttab using example.rtf, ti("The Auto Data") label replace obslast r2 compress star(* 0.10 ** 0.05 *** 0.01) fonttbl(\f0\fnil Arial; ) nogaps nonotes t(3) b(%8.3f) addnotes("Control variables" "Time variables")

Comment

The fonttbl option was added in the estout 20mar2015 update. Ensure you have the latest estout version with adoupdate.

Comment

Thank you guys. It was indeed the update that helped.

Comment

Dear all,

changing the font-type works well. Is there also a way to change the font size? I tried playing around with the option but didn't find anything.

Cheers!

Comment

Not only do I not know how to change the default RTF document font-size with esttab, I don't even know how to do it with pure RTF. I'm not sure it's possible. For an individual element, you can use the \fs command in half-points, for example title(\fs144 Table Title).

Comment

Working...
            X