Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check number of valid observations for combinations of variables

I'm looking for a command which reports, in order of appearance in the code, the number of valid observations in my dataset for any combination of these variables.
    I'm quite sure that there is a command like this, because i remember using it ones. But i didn't save it in a do-file and can't remember the name.

I'm asking this because instead of deleting, say for regression-commands, each variable and checking the number of observations, which is tedious, i'd like to check with this fast command the number of observations for each possible combination of the variables in the regression.

I recognize that this is a very basic question. Please belive me that i typed all kinds of queries in google and didn't get the right answer. I found
    Code:
    tabmiss
    but this is only giving the number of missing observations for each defined variable separetly.

Any help is much appreciated.

Caspar Aumüller
    Last edited by Caspar Aumueller; 03 Dec 2015, 07:41. Reason: Had forgotten to add tags in the rush.

is this helpful?
    http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/f...miss_stata.htm

also have a look at missings ado (ssc install missings).

Comment

Also misstable

Comment

Caspar,

Try with egen rowmiss() or egen rownonmiss().
        This won't report valid observation for any combination of the varlist, you could easily compare the number of missing variable for different set of variables.

Hope this helps,
        Charlie

Comment

Thank you Nick. It was
          Code:
          misstable
          i was looking for. Thank you all for the very quick answers. I will look them up as well for future use.

Comment

Working...
          X