No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooldridge test for autocorrelation in panel data

Dear all,

I am using panel probit and want to test if there is serial correlation.
    I want to ask that is it suitable to use Wooldridge test for autocorrelation in panel data if your model is non-linear?

Thank you in advance.

Elif:
    although not perfectly straight to the point, you may find the following thread helpful: http://www.stata.com/statalist/archi.../msg00278.html
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (StataNow 18.5)

Comment

Carlo,

Thank you in advance. I have already checked those comments but if i am not wrong it does not provide an answer to detect autocorrelation. However, it suggest that if there is autocorrelation you can fix it by using 'robust' option. But I still wonder how to detect autocorr. if your model is non-linear like probit or logit.(by the way 'robust' option is not valid for these models in Stata 11 version).

Regards,

Comment

Elif:
        I was not abe to find out an user-written programme of the sort you're after.
        I do hope that Jeff Wooldridge personally will chime in this thread, giving you the most authoritative advice on his test.
        Just a closing-out aside: please (as you did in the past) inform the list about the Stata release you're working with, if it is not the last one. Thanks.
        Kind regards,
        Carlo
        (StataNow 18.5)

Comment

Hey idk if you already solved your problem by yourself or what.

Im new here too. But im already in love using Stata. Im using eViews, SPSS, Amos before but i found it easier using Stata because we can do lot much about it.

I encounter same problem as you with my panel data. But i found the stata based programm couldnt solve my serial correlation problem on my panel data so i search it through internet,

The link i gave you should provide a lot of information that could solve your problem

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/st...tocorrelation/

Comment

Working...
          X