Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Maira javed,

The missing values are likely to represent zero imports, so maybe you can replace them with zeros. Anyway, you can and should use PPML. As for the rest, it is up to you :-)

Best wishes,

Joao

Comment

• Thanks Joao
      I am new to the stata forum,can you tell me that after setting panel data in stata and taking logs of variables, should i take log of dependent variable?
      And equation for ppml should be this
      ppml Mij lGDPi lGDPj lCPIi lCPIj lEPIi lEPIj lDis lpop

Comment

• Dear Maira javed,

Do not take log of the dependent variable when using PPML, and use the command ppmlhdfe rather than ppml; make sure you check the examples in the help file.

Best wishes,

Joao

Comment

• This is my data file. should i run PPML with FE or only PPML. And to run PPML with FE i have to create dummies for country-pair fixed effects and country-specific effects as well as with country-year effects?
          These are my commands
          egen id1=group (Id id)
          xtset id1 Year
          which command i should run
          1-ppml Mi lGDPi lGDPj CPIi CPIj EPIi EPIj lDis lpop,cluster(id1)
          2-ppml Mij lGDPi lGDPj lCPIi lCPIj lEPIi lEPIj lDis lpop, absorb(Id#Year id#Year Id#id) cluster(Id#id)
          3-ppml Mij lGDPi lGDPj lCPIi lCPIj lEPIi lEPIj lDis lpop, absorb(i.Id#c.Year i.id#c.Year Id#id) cluster(Id#id)

i am confused about what command i should run

Attached Files

Comment

• Dear Maira javed,

I suggest you use the user-contributed ppmlhdfe command, which allows you to deal with the fixed effects using the "absorb" option (ppml has no such option). As always, check the help file before using.

Best wishes,

Joao

Comment

Working...
            X