Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re rectangles under my name

Yesterday I noticed for the first time that in the little row of 10 rectangles that appear under my name when I post, the two leftmost ones are red. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case before. And so far, I haven't noticed anybody else having this.

What does that mean?

Not sure what the colors mean. The rectangles are appearing in everyone's profile I suppose, but my one has no color. In fact, I have checked the comments from Richard, Nick and some others and you are the only one to have the previledge of having two orange rectangles !! Congrats !!
    Roman

Comment

No idea! I have noticed that mousing over the rectangles gives a message which is usually "is on a distinguished road" or "will become famous soon enough" (I don't recollect others). We need more of those in Stata output, especially mousing over output and getting signals like "publishable in any journal of your choice" or "that really was a bad idea of yours" or "if you don't feel confused, you should be".

Comment

Congratulations Clyde! I suppose I don't deserve any rectangles yet, but if you got two, I'm surprised Nick doesn't have any.

Comment

Impute missing rectangles using least squares.

Comment

Could someone from StataCorp please explain what the rectangles mean and how the "is on a distinguished road" or other text is determined? Last year Alan Riley explained the types of member.

Comment

I've acquired two rectangles since this thread was started. That's all I know.

Comment

The mysterious rectangles are part of vBulletin's "user reputation" system. I believe the more posts you have made which someone has "liked" (by clicking the little thumbs-up icon at the bottom right of a post), the more rectangles you'll see lit up.

Comment

Ah, thank you Alan.

Comment

Working...
                  X