Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Concentration Index by country, with 90% confidence interval.

Hello,

It is my first time using STATA and I am finding some difficulties to compute the health concentration index by country, with 90% confidence interval. Without further details, I have the variable "spheu" which means self-rated general health, where the participants of the survey rated their health with a scale from 1-5 (from Very Good to Very Bad). I needed to find the health index, normalized from 0-1 (0 "worst" and 1 "perfect" health). After generating dummy variables for variables implicating physical limitations and conditions and estimating generalised ordered probit regressions of self-reported health on this set of dummy variables, I found the health index as the linear prediction from this regression. Then I normalized (recoded) self-rated general health from 0-1 (worst to perfect). Then after generating the averages of self-rated health and health index (both by country), I ended up with this graph (spheu vs health index (avg).png). Now I want to compute the health concentration index by country, with 90% confidence interval (basically replicating the "Health concentration.png" graph). Could someone help me understand and replicate?

Thank you,
    Serxho Ruco.
    Attached Files
Working...
X