No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spill-over Effects of Trade Disputes on Non-Disputed Products

Hello,
    I am looking at dispute effects for both primary and processed agri-food products and then to check if there’s any spillover effect on products that are not directly related to the dispute.
    I have created dummy variable for dispute( one for period, products and country of dispute etc. and zero otherwise). I have estimated the effects of dispute using this regression
    reg ln_trade ln_gdp_imp ln_gdp_exp ln_dist dis_dummy contig comlang_off colony Exporter_WTO Importer_WTO Bothin_WTO FTA_wto, robust

I am trying to estimate the spill-over effects of dispute that are not directly subjected to the dispute (Effects for Non-disputed products).
    reg ln_trade ln_gdp_imp ln_gdp_exp ln_dist dis_dummy contig comlang_off colony Exporter_WTO Importer_WTO Bothin_WTO FTA_wto if dis_dummy==0, robust
    I used the above code and others, but none of them seems to work. The dispute dummy always get omitted. I am new to stata and gravity model. Any assistance or codes you share would be very much appreciated.

Best''
    Francis.
Working...
X