Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pooled Panel or Cross Sectional Data

Good Morning I have a query regarding a data set I am handling. I am trying to see the out migration occouring due to climate change. For the out migration module I am using the DHS 2017-2018 survey’s migration module and for the climate variable I have used SPEI. I have imported the SPEI which is available from 1901 to 2015 by matching the year when the migration occoured. I am confused as to what model should I apply now:
    The model I am thinking of currently is logistic regression where the education would be as follows:
    Migrated from (Rural Area=0, Urban area=1)= B0+ B1region+B2place of residence+B3gender+B4 education+B5wealthindex + B6 SPEI for 48 Months+B7 SPIE for 24 Months+ B8SPEI for 12 Months +B9SPEI for 6 months+B10 SPEI for 3 months
    Howver, I am very confused as to what exactly is the nature of my sample now i.e. whether it is cross sectional even after I have matched the SPEI with the year migrated or it is a pooled panel . If it is a pooled panel can I apply fixed effect model to it. What would you suggest the model to be.

Shifa:
    welcome to this forum.
    Please, re-post your query on the General forum, as this one is (as per FAQ) for practicing purposes only. Thanks.
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Working...
    X