Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing coefficients of two fixed effect panel data regressions

I have panel data of basketball players in a certain league across 7 years, and I created a ranking system to measure their individual performance.
    Now, I want to test whether this individual performance measure is consistent across seasons in order to verify it and in order to show that it makes sense.

I thought of doing 7 regressions (one for each season) where the dependent variable is the individual performance of a player, and the only independent variable is the player's team final position in the league at the end of the season, After that, I would like to check whether the βs are significantly different (hopefully not being able to reject the null hypothesis, saying that my measure is consistent).

Any idea how do I do that? or suggestions for better ways to do that?

thanks a lot!

Andy.
    welcome to the list.
    Instead of peforming 7 different regressions, I would consider interacting season with player's team final position (please, see -hel fvvarlist-) within a unique regression.
    As an aside, I would point you out to FAQ, especially on how to report what you typed and what Stata gave you back via CODE delimiters.
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Working...
    X