Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload graph/picture as attachment fails

I am trying to upload a graph or picture as attachment to this post using advanced edit mode with the following steps:

a) Click on the icon that says "image"
    b) From the window that pops up choose the tab "Upload"
    c) Enter path and file name into the field (using point and click to avoid typos) and press the button "Send it to the server"

The file I want to upload is either a .png or a .jpg-file. Whatever I choose, as a result an error message appears saying "Image resize failed due to your image library not having support for this image type". The error message does not help at all: I don't know what "your image library" should be and how to solve the problem.

The file sizes are 16.1 kb (.png file) or 55.2 kb (.jpb file), the files are not corrupt (IrfanView can show them correctly).
    OS: Windows 7, SP 1 (build 7601); browser: Mozilla Firefox 19.0.2 .

Dirk -- just in case, try logging out of the forum and logging back in.

If you still can't upload the images, please reply here, and I'll PM you my email address so you can email the images to me for testing.

Comment

I logged out and in again, but uploading still fails (BTW: When I close the browser and start again, I will not automatically be logged in although I chose the option "remember me").

Comment

I can confirm the problem: On two separate machines, I get the exact-same error message when I try to either upload or attach a .png file. It's an exported graph created by Stata MP, Release 13.1, so nothing should be strange about it.

Comment

We have traced this down. We upgraded some software on the server to deal with the 'Remember Me' feature not working properly. Unfortunately this upgrade was too new to work with the image-processing library used on the server, so we're now working to resolve that. It will hopefully be working again early next week, and I'll report back when it is resolved.

Comment

The problem described in this thread, which affected both photo/image uploads/attachments and avatar uploads, has been fixed.

Comment

Working...
            X