Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much. I must admit the first time you posted it, it went over my head. I think I am following now. Really appreciate your help.

Comment

Richard,

I have just entered the formula you have described into excel so I can see step by step how it is calculated, and it is EXACTLY what I have been searching for! Thank you very much, I am most grateful.

Comment

Great. Make sure Stata gives the same results. I don't know how clean your data are - missing values might complicate things.
        -------------------------------------------
        Richard Williams, Notre Dame Dept of Sociology
        Stata Version: 17.0 MP (2 processor)

EMAIL: [email protected]
        WWW: https://www3.nd.edu/~rwilliam

Comment

darktarget: Please note our strong preference for full real names. Why we ask that and how to change your registration are indicated in the FAQ Advice Section 6.

Comment

I am new to Statalist, in fact this is my first post, so forgive me if I am in the wrong forum.
            I noticed the subject is what I have been interested and involved with for several years.
            That being horse racing and using Stata with FoxPro as the database. I have now installed
            Windows SQL Server to replace the now defunct FoxPro.
            The program I used previously involved the use of Logit Multinomial Regression.
            I now have a new data supplier which involves UK racing and need some assistance to
            build models with the various factors that I have.
            I used to have a couple of programmers that did it all for me a few years ago but I have moved to the UK
            To start with would the dependent variable be the finishing position of the horse and the starting price ?
            I'm happy to pay something.
            I can attach the Stata dta sheet with the imported csv from Excel if appropriate.
            If you could help or point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated
            Many thanks and enjoyed this thread.
            Ian

Comment

Ian Bell: You are in the right forum but your post has nothing to do with this thread. I'd start a new thread in a new forum. I would also emphasise specific questions that can be answered concisely.

If you want to hire people, you need to give a way for people who might be interested to contact you privately.

Comment

Nick Cox Thank you for your advice and will follow.

Comment

Working...
                X