Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting table column widths using the collect command

I feel like I must be missing something simple, but I am trying to format a table using the collect set of commands. The table is just means of some variables, and the column headers are the variable labels. Some of the labels are long and I would like to shrink the column widths and wrap some of the header labels onto multiple rows, but I am not seeing a way to do this, for example via the "collect style column..." command. This makes me suppose I'm not thinking about the problem in 'the right way', but so far haven't come up with what that way might be. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Here's an example of my dilemma:
    Code:
    sysuse auto
    collect: by foreign: sum mpg weight,d
    collect label levels result mean "here is a pretty long label that would be better if it were wrapped onto multiple lines",modify
    collect recode cmdset 3=2
    collect layout (foreign) (cmdset[2]#result[mean])
    Last edited by Lawrence LaPlue; 17 Apr 2024, 12:27.

Controlling the width of the column headers is only available in collect style putdocx and collect style putpdf. These are specific styles for exporting to MS Word and PDF documents.

collect style row stack has option length(), but this is only for row headers.

Comment

Working...
    X