Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minhaj:
    1) with 65 panels, clustered robust standar errors are the way to go: this approach rules out the plain vanilla -hausman- as a test to choose whether -fe- outperforms -re- or not;
    2) as per 1), I would switch to the community-contributed module -xtoverid-;
    3) as it is not clear if the favourite specification is -fe-or -re-, please provide futher details;
    4) I'm a bit surprised that, with T=7, across panels correlation (if this is what you mean) can be an issue.
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (StataNow 18.5)

Comment

xtscc is a large-T approach. It still produces the fixed effects estimates if you choose that option, but the standard errors are computed differently -- using a Newey-West approach, which requires T getting large. Use fixed effects and cluster by entity. That's the default unless it produces nothing useful.

Comment

Thank you, Prof. Carlo and Prof. Wooldridge, for your responses.

Prof. Carlo, to address your third point: Actually, both Hausman and xtoverid support the RE model in my case, whereas there is no such option for RE in Xtscc. Therefore, I was confused.

Nevertheless, since you both have suggested using Xtreg, I will follow your advice.

Thank you so much once again for the help.

Comment

Minhaj:
          does -hausmam- outcome point you out to -fe- or -re- estimator?
          Kind regards,
          Carlo
          (StataNow 18.5)

Comment

Carlo:
            Both Hausman and xtoverid point to re-estimator.

Comment

Hello all

I have a question: Is there a statistical method to distinguish the individual impacts of two events that occur closely in time on the dependent variable? For instance, if both COVID-19 and a company merger happen simultaneously, and I want to assess the impact of the merger on firm performance, how can I determine whether changes in performance are due to the merger or COVID-19?

Comment

Working...
              X