Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel data for for asset pricing models

Hi, Im working on my masters thesis. I have unbalanced panel data, for about 1550 individial mutual funds (monthly data) from January 2000 until December 2020 (283,928 observations for each varaible). I have the following varibles:
    ExcessReturn = mutual funds monthly excess return (return - risk free rate)
    RMRF = Market return minus risk free rate
    SMB, HML, MOM, CMA, RMA = Risk factors from the 3-4-5-factor models.

The mutual funds are seperates by ID code starting at 2761 until 51,250 (ID code skips hundreds of numbers at a time, not linear)
    I want to run the regressions:
    ExcessReturn = a + B(RMRF) + e
    Excess Return = a +B(RMRF) + B(SMB) + B(HML) + e
    Excess Return = a +B(RMRF) + B(SMB) + B(HML) +B(MOM)+ e
    Excess Return = a +B(RMRF) + B(SMB) + B(HML) + B(CMA) + B(RMA) + e

I know how to run the regression for all the funds at once, my question is how can I loop the code to run a regression for each of the funds individually? So I would have an alpha, beta, etc for fund 100 and fund 101 and 103, etc.

Thanks for your time and help,
    Logan

Update: i have found I can use the "bys" command and this works! Now i have a new question, how can i get this data into word? I run the 1500 regressions individually by fund name but because there is so much output i can only see the first 40 tables approximaatly, and when i use outreg2 function it only gives me the last regression table and i want to see the results of all 1500, any suggestions for this? Thanks for your time.

Comment

Working...
    X