Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm… thank you. Maybe it’s version 17.1?

Comment

• I think it is more likely Stata 18. Stata 17 was released in April 2021, so following their 2 year cycle, it would be time for Stata 18 this month!

Comment

• Something big is coming! Something big is right around the corner! Wow~
        Last edited by Chen Samulsion; 19 Apr 2023, 01:32.

Comment

• When they emailed this to us, I was like "Why don't they just say Stata 18 drops next week🤣" no need to dance around it

Comment

• Originally posted by Jared Greathouse View Post
            When they emailed this to us, I was like "Why don't they just say Stata 18 drops next week🤣" no need to dance around it
            Maybe you recall the series of Easter eggs dropped in anticipation of Stata 17? I’m sure the Marketing group likes to have fun with these things.

Comment

• I think they're treading a fine line. They want to gin up excitement over the coming of Stata 18. But if they outright declare it's coming, their sales of Stata 17 between now and release date will tank.

Comment

• Maybe you recall the series of Easter eggs dropped in anticipation of Stata 17
                It’s a well-known marketing trick. They got us talking and eager to see what’s behind the curtain.

Anyone buying Stata now will have one year of free upgrades, but now I’d probably postpone before buying. I would want to know what’s coming. So I don’t think sales from this week to the next are improved by the teaser.

Comment

• RE: #669

Clyde I apparently missed the announcement on collect table in v17- thanks, excited to try it out!

Comment

• Two minor asks:
                    1) with frames, I’d like to be able to create a new frame and switch to it in one line

2) with the new tables, it looks like table titles have to be only one line? I’d like to be able to use the same sort of titles I can do with graphs, where I enter multiple sets of quotes and it puts them on different lines.

Comment

• Not sure if this was posted already, but the ability to directly create and format Excel charts from Stata would be very helpful. I currently process the data using Stata, then use Python to call the win32 COM interface to create the charts. Built-in functionality would be amazing.

Comment

• Re: #685. What are you looking for that cannot be achieved with -export excel- or -putexcel-?

Comment

• How about a --more-- option, so you can run a command, but then only look at the first few lines of the results? E.g.,
                          reg y treatment x1-x475,robust more

Comment

• Jeff Grogger - are you looking for something more than the actual more command does? if so, what? see
                            Code:
                            help more
                            and, yes, I realize you asked for an option but why?

Comment

• Rich Goldstein I guess what I was looking for was something more unix-like, along the lines of
                              Code:
                              . ls somedir > more
                              where you could "more" a command on the fly. In my admittedly cryptic example,
                              Code:
                              reg y treatment x1-x475,robust more
                              I imagined the more option playing the role of piping to more under unix. The idea was that I might be interested in the coefficient on "treatment," but not the 475 control variables x1-x475, so it would be nice to be able to view just the first screen of results from reg and then escape out. The more option would provide a little more flexibility than
                              Code:
                              set more on

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Grogger View Post
                                [USER="92"]The idea was that I might be interested in the coefficient on "treatment," but not the 475 control variables x1-x475, so it would be nice to be able to view just the first screen of results from reg and then escape out.
                                Isn't that what areg is for?

---------------------------------
                                Maarten L. Buis
                                University of Konstanz
                                Department of history and sociology
                                box 40
                                78457 Konstanz
                                Germany
                                http://www.maartenbuis.nl
                                ---------------------------------

Comment

Working...