Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the point of merging, a very small quality of life improvement would be to allow keys with different names in each dataset (as several user-written commands which emulate the behavior of merge do). For instance, something like this would be great:

Code:
    use dataset1, clear
    merge 1:1 using dataset2, usingkey(id date) masterkey(ID DATE)

Comment

• While I see the more general point of 421, typing

Code:
      rename ID DATE , lower
      merge 1:1 id date using dataset2
      seems to be about the same effort in typing but arguably less effort in reading and understanding syntax.

Comment

• In #421 I would simplify the syntax of merge to
        Code:
        merge 1:1 ID DATE using dataset2, usingkey(id date)
        for consistency with the normal syntax.

Comment

• Can we have autosave in dofile?

Comment

• #424 On my copy of Stata 17 for Mac, from the Preferences > General Preferences menu, in the dialog box that opens, in the row of icons along the top click the Windows icon, then in the Window list on the left click Do-File Editor, then in the list of tabs at the top (below the row of icons) click Advanced, and choose how often you want to Backup modified documents.

Comment

• #425. An attempt to follow the same sequence on Stata 17 is unsuccessful: the organization of preferences is different. In any case, as far as I can tell, there is no path through preferences that leads to an option for periodic saving of modified documents.

That said, I wouldn't want autosave for the do-editor at all: often I will open a do-file and run all or parts of it with a few things changed, just to see what happens or verify that what happens is what I expect. I don't want those changes made permanent, so I am glad that there is no autosave while this is going on, and I can just close the do-file without saving it when I'm done, secure in the knowledge that my original version is unchanged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ali Atia View Post
                On the point of merging, a very small quality of life improvement would be to allow keys with different names in each dataset (as several user-written commands which emulate the behavior of merge do). For instance, something like this would be great:

Code:
                use dataset1, clear
                merge 1:1 using dataset2, usingkey(id date) masterkey(ID DATE)
                For what it's worth, -join- from -ftools- allows different keys in master and using datasets using by(yr=year) style syntax

Comment

• Two wishes for GSEM:
                  1. GOF statistics
                  2. LCA and latent class transition analysis (LCTA), comparable with Latent Gold

Comment

• Vector Autoregression models and Panel Vector Autoregression models for State Space models and Bayesian Panel VARs, even with hierarchical priors, Time Varying models included. It is on the wish list to do of STATA, at least I was told in an inquiry email, hope they will implement them soon!

Best,
                    Mario
                    Last edited by Mario Ferri; 26 Jul 2022, 18:29.

Comment

• do file editor:
                      1. Allow user-defined dictionaries for word completion.
                      2. Syntax highlighting for SQL.
                      3. Syntax highlighting for YAML (collections), and JSON.

Comment

• Minor request: include frame name in the header info for -describe-.

Comment

• Support updated definitions for Stata and Mata code highlighting for:
                          • Gitlab: rouge
                          • Github: Sublime text syntax definition
                          • Pygments: s_stata_builtins
                          Last edited by Bjarte Aagnes; 30 Jul 2022, 03:50.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjarte Aagnes View Post
                            Support updated definitions for Stata and Mata code highlighting for:
                            • Gitlab: rouge
                            • Github: Sublime text syntax definition
                            • Pygments: s_stata_builtins
                            I created a Stata 17 lexer for Rouge a year or two ago, and it has since been incorporated into the 3.28.0 release (demo available here). Github currently only uses Rouge version 3.26.0, but all of Github will have access to this highlighting package by default once they update to the newest version of Rouge. I currently make use of it in my coding guide.

Mata highlighting for Rouge remains unavailable for now.
                            Associate Professor of Finance and Economics
                            University of Illinois
                            www.julianreif.com

Comment

• Better handling of splines and easy plots of partial/marginal effects after regression with spline regressors.

Comment

• Manuel Ferraro Perhaps you may want to look into "f_able". I wrote this utility to correctly handle alternative transformations (beyond polynomials) to correctly estimate marginal effects.
                                here the paper explaining the idea: https://www.stata-journal.com/articl...article=st0628
                                and the command can be downloaded from ssc

Comment

Working...
                                X