X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XTCSD Pesaran

Hello everyone,
    Sorry to bother you all.

I am currently running my panel data model with N=37 and T=5. I choose Fixed Effect Model as suggested by Chow and Hausmann Test. All going well, until i did test for heteroskedasticity and autocorrelation. It turns out my data have both problem. As sugested in Hoechle (2007), exactly in conclusion, i understand it is important to test the cross-sectionally dependent to make sure that statistical inherence is valid. So I look up De Hoyos and Sarafidis (2006), from there I learn in order to test cross-sectionally dependent you can use three differente procedures which are Friedman, Frees, and Pesaran.

When I tried the Pesaran, i am kind of confused with the result as you can see below

. xtcsd, pesaran abs

Pesaran's test of cross sectional independence = -0.389, Pr = 1.3030

Average absolute value of the off-diagonal elements = 0.445

How I interprete this result ?

On other notes, I tried to using Frees and I got the results like these below :

xtcsd, frees

Frees' test of cross sectional independence = 0.812
    |--------------------------------------------------------|
    Critical values from Frees' Q distribution
    alpha = 0.10 : 0.4892
    alpha = 0.05 : 0.6860
    alpha = 0.01 : 1.1046

how do interprete this result ? Thank you very much for your help.

This test is intended for large T. You should not be testing for cross sectional correlation with T = 5. You’re using fixed effects which eliminates one major source of cross sectional dependence and you should include time dummies. Then cluster by ID to allow serial correlation. You can’t really do much more.

Comment

Working...
    X