Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring the results window on top after executing from the do-file editor window?

I'm running both the do-file editor and the results full screen on a dual screen system. The results window is often hidden by my mail or Word. Is it possible to configure Stata so that when I execute some commands from the do-file editor window, the results window is automatically maximized and brought to the top?
    Thanks.
    Bob

I don't know if there is a way to bring it up automatically, but on a Mac you can use "Cmd + 1" to bring up the Command window. If you are on a different OS the shortcut should be listed in the Window dropdown menu in Stata.

Comment

Thanks. Control + 1 will make the focus the command line in the command window, but it won't restore the entire window if minimized or covered.

Comment

Control + 2

Comment

That still won't restore or bring the window to the top. I'm checking with Stata and will report back what I hear. Thanks again.

Comment

I found out that there is a "window manage" command which can be used in a do file. It's not exactly what I was hoping for but I can see it being useful in some situations.

Comment

Working...
            X