No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-tests and dummy variables

Hi!

I'm pretty new to Stata and statistical analyses in general, so sorry in advance if something I ask is really obvious!

I'm trying to use Stata to analyze whether there is any substantive difference between houses for which valuations are publicly provided and those where valuations are not available. The variables in my dataset are as follows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-04-03.png
Views:	2
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1544611

so far, I have just done summarize if v_yes == 0 and summarize if v_yes == 1. Now that I have the information on how the two subset data varies, I am not sure how to tell if the differences are substantive or not.

I'm also thinking of using a t-test to compare the different means but I'm not sure how to do that with the dummy variable v_yes. Also, having a mean for the other dummy variables AA, AB, AC, AD, etc. isn't particularly valuable but I don't know what commands I can use to compare what proportion of v_yes == 0 and v_yes == 1 were sold by each agent.

Please can you help me figure this out and let me know if you need any more information. Thank you in advance!

Attached Files

Guest:
    this is one of the longest-lasting drills on ordinary least square (OLS).
    If your query is related to a graded assignment, please read (and act on) https://www.statalist.org/forums/help#adviceextras, #4.
    Eventually, you cannot use -ttest- for comparingcategorical variables.
    Last edited by sladmin; 04 Oct 2021, 15:42. Reason: anonymize original poster
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Adding just a hint to Carlo's insightful reply: you may type - help tabulate - and click on the "tabulate twoway" link. There, take a look at the "chi2" option.
      Best regards,

Marcos

Comment

Working...
      X