No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positioning of text boxes in a dialog

Dear All!

I would like to place several textboxes (each of them multiline) one after another in a dialog:

Code:
    TEXTBOX  txh_beta  10  10  390  ., label("Beta - some long description of the parameter beta that occupies multiple lines and may vary by language")           
    TEXTBOX  txh_gamma  10  +30  390  ., label("Gamma - some long description of the parameter gamma that occupies multiple lines and may vary by language.")
    TEXTBOX  txh_sigma  10  +30  390  ., label("Sigma - some long description of the parameter sigma that occupies multiple lines and may vary by language")

I would like to automatically place the textboxes one under another with a certain gap in between, so that e.g. the textbox for gamma (txh_gamma) is 10 pixels below the END of the textbox for beta (txh_beta).

Stata's relative positioning only allows me (as it seems) to specify the offset from the BEGINNING of the previous element, which is a problem when the exact height of it varies.

The manual for dialog programming: https://www.stata.com/manuals/pdialogprogramming.pdf is listing the interpretation of dot (.), hash (#), offset (+NNN) , but none seems to be fitting this situation.

If the end-of-the-element value is not available, is it possible to somehow derive it from the previous elements as an expression, something like:
    Code:
    txh_gamma vertical offset= txh_beta.y+txh_beta.height+10
    or, in the hope of referring to the previous element:
    Code:
    txh_gamma vertical offset= @+@ysize+10
    ???

Is there anything obvious that I am missing?

Thank you, Sergiy
Working...
X