No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macthing Geordinates by Group

Hey,

I have a dataset with geocordinates for each surveyed individual. I know want to match all individuals which were surveyed within a "x" km distance to each other and assign different group numbers for them.

Ideally I would have for example group number 1 for all individuals being surveyed around the geocordinates lat 7 long 3 ;
    and group number 2 for all individuals being surveyed around the geocordinates lat 5 long 2.

Does anyone has a tipp?

All the best

Simeon

The user-written module -geonear- (-ssc describe geonear-) would likely be of use to you.

However, as written, your question has two things that make it difficult to go any farther:

1) What group number do you assign to an individual that is within (say) 5 km of Group 1, and 5 km of Group 2?
    2) The two parts of your question seem to imply different kinds of criteria: The first part matches individuals on the basis of how close they are to one another, and the second on the basis of how close they are to a particular location.

This sounds like some kind of spatial clustering problem, which is outside my expertise but might be straightforward to someone who works on such problems.

Comment

Working...
    X