Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stata Command "myqreg2" exists?

I found a do file online where a very renowned economist used "myqreg2" command while estimating quantile gender wage gaps (so far I understand). I tried to rerun the command in my stata16 software that says, "command myqreg2 is unrecognized, last estimates not found". The search command also came out with same results as the google search did. ssc install myqreg2 also came up with a refusal.

Now, my question is "Is there any such command is Stata? If not, what is the correct command in this case?"

Thanks in advance for your answer?

Hi Rafiq
    it seems to me that the dofile you found is just part of a larger project where the author simply wrote his own "quantile regression command". I do the same, some times, where I write my own version of a command, so I can add extra features to it.
    It seems to me that that may be the case here.
    Unless you provide information about the paper you are referring to, it is difficult to say what is what the author tried to do.
    Best Regards
    Fernando

Comment

Who is the economist? Did you try writing them?
      -------------------------------------------
      Richard Williams, Notre Dame Dept of Sociology
      Stata Version: 17.0 MP (2 processor)

EMAIL: [email protected]
      WWW: https://www3.nd.edu/~rwilliam

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Williams View Post
        Who is the economist? Did you try writing them?
        Dear Richard,

Sorry sir, I haven't yet written to him. Before doing that I wanted to be sure about whether my version of stata has some sort of limitation or whether I need to do something more to make the command usable. Thanks a lot for your attention.

Rafiq

Comment

Originally posted by FernandoRios View Post
          Hi Rafiq
          it seems to me that the dofile you found is just part of a larger project where the author simply wrote his own "quantile regression command". I do the same, some times, where I write my own version of a command, so I can add extra features to it.
          It seems to me that that may be the case here.
          Unless you provide information about the paper you are referring to, it is difficult to say what is what the author tried to do.
          Best Regards
          Fernando
          Dear Fernando,

I was also thinking like this. Maybe you are right. I will now try to go through the other do and ado files and see if I can find any link/clue. If I fail, I will write you in details so that you can help me. Thanks a lot for your time and good heart.

Rafiq

Comment

It doesn't help here but calling any program with a name starting with my I would take as a signal that the code is on "my" (meaning, the poster's) machine only and/or that the program and documentation are not complete. So, a common case would be tweaking other people's code, changing the command name, but not writing a separate help file. But there aren't rules about this, or even a convention that the prefix is used,

Posting code online that isn't reproducible with easily downloaded commands is frustrating to others. That said, active posters, including myself, here often post code with warnings that it hasn't been (much) tested....

Comment

Dear Sir/Madam,

I want to generate a table that will display mean hourly pay of different years by occupational categories and by sex (male/female) further disaggregated by location (Rural/Urban) like as below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hourly-pay-in-Taka.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	1558194

My row variables are year and occupation and the column variables are sex, location, occupation etc. The statistic variable is payhr which should be mean hourly pay. Could you please help in writing the syntax?

Comment

Sorry there was a small mistake in my previous post. The correct statement of the last para is:

My row variables are year and occupation and the column variables are sex and location. The statistic variable is payhr which should be mean hourly pay. Could you please help in writing the
                syntax?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Perhaps
                  Code:
                  table occupation location sex, by(year) contents(mean payhr)
                  But if this doesn't lead to a solution for you, you should post this question as a new topic with a title describing what you now seek, since this no longer seems to be about qreg.

By asking what is apparently a question about tabulation in a topic about qreg, you are excluding from your readership members with experience in tabulation but not in qreg.

Comment

Originally posted by William Lisowski View Post
                    Perhaps
                    Code:
                    table occupation location sex, by(year) contents(mean payhr)
                    But if this doesn't lead to a solution for you, you should post this question as a new topic with a title describing what you now seek, since this no longer seems to be about qreg.

By asking what is apparently a question about tabulation in a topic about qreg, you are excluding from your readership members with experience in tabulation but not in qreg.
                    Dear William,

It seems that it worked for me. Thanks a lot for your kind help and also for your suggestion regarding my way of posting, it's really a great learning for me as a newcomer in this forum.

Thankful and grateful to you. Should I have any difficulty, your help will be highly appreciated and acknowledged.

Sincerely,
                    Rafiq

Comment

Working...
                    X