Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correspondence Audit Experiment (Determining Discrimination). What is the best fitting command to analyse my data? Logit, Probit or Ranksum?

Hello, everyone. My name is Mekhraly. I've conducted an experiment and now want to make a proper statistical analysis. Unfortunately, I am not good with STATA and I need help. After reviewing existing literature I concluded that best STATA commands for my data are >> logit, probit and ranksum. At school, they taught us how to use these commands only on data form libraries no real-world examples, thus, today I have no idea how to correctly fit variables from my data into those commands.

My version of STATA is 14

My data consists of the following variables:

vacancyLinkID - Weblink to a job vacancy on the website. Each weblink is a unique we
    salaryFrom - A min starting salary for the job
    salaryTo - A max potential salary for the job
    experience - A required experience for the job
    4 applicants representing different ethnic groups
    Average salary
    possible responses from employers: 0 - rejection, 1 - acceptance, 2 - the application is seen by an employer, 3 - the application is not seen by an employe

what I want to find is

1. if there is a significant difference in response rate among 4 applicants
    2. if there is a significant difference in average salary when applicants receive "1 - acceptance"

I've attached xlsx with original data, could not copy and paste it here because it looked messed up

if anything is not clear please let me know!

thank you in advance!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mekhraly Shakhbazov; 03 Mar 2020, 11:14.
Working...
X