Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stata 16 on MS Windows strange behavior

This is really weird, but for some reason a double-click is required on icons in Stata's windows header in
    Code:
    Stata/MP 16.0 for Windows (64-bit x86-64)
    Revision 02 Jul 2019
    Buttons for minimize/maximize/ and close the window.
    OS is Windows 10 Enterprise, no other programs running on this machine require a double-click.

I can't replicate your problem on my setup. Those buttons work normally, with a single click, for me.

Code:
    Stata/MP 16.0 for Windows (64-bit x86-64)
    Revision 08 Jan 2020
    My operating system is a little different: Windows 10 Pro, not enterprise.

But I notice that I have a more recent update than you do. While I don't recall this being a problem last summer anyway, you might start by updating your Stata.

Comment

Sergiy Radyakin This sounds like it might be related to an obscure bug that we fixed where the window buttons in the upper right corner did not receive mouse clicks when in negative space. Negative coordinates can occur with some multi-monitor setups. Please
      Code:
      update all
      ... and report back if that takes care of the problem.

Comment

Dear James,

thank you very much for providing this information. I confirm that:

1) yes, the issue was observed on a multi-screen system, and the Stata window was positioned on the secondary monitor when the issue was observed.
        2) yes, disconnecting the second screen returned the behavior to normal, with a single click controlling the window min/max/close functions same as in other Windows programs.

I will have to confirm later whether the update of the Stata executable has solved this [minor] issue for the case of multiple monitors.

Thank you, Sergiy Radyakin

Comment

Working...
        X