No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with margins comand

Hi!

I am new to econometrics and Stata and I am a bit confused about 'margins' command. I am running a probit regression where my dependent variable specifies whether a person is an entrepreneur (0 and 1) and my main independent variable is overqualification which specifies a person to be overqualified (1-qualification-job match 2-not overqualified 3-overqualified). Next, I am running margins command
    Code:
    margins overqualification
    but Stata argues stating
    Code:
    command _marg_repost not defined by _marg_repost.ado

Thank you very much beforehand!
    Last edited by Orifjon Kurbanov; 14 Nov 2019, 08:02.
    Regards,
    Orif
    Using Stata 16/MP

Showing the commands and output could help. Use code tags. See pt 12 of the FAQ, Asking questions effectively.

I've never seen this message before, which makes me wonder if your copy of Stata is corrupted or out of date. Try running

update all

and then see if problems persist. If they do, run something very simple, e.g.

Code:
    webuse nhanes2f, clear
    probit diabetes i.race
    margins race
    If that gives errors then I think your installation is corrupted.
    -------------------------------------------
    Richard Williams, Notre Dame Dept of Sociology
    Stata Version: 17.0 MP (2 processor)

EMAIL: [email protected]
    WWW: https://www3.nd.edu/~rwilliam

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Williams View Post
      Showing the commands and output could help. Use code tags. See pt 12 of the FAQ, Asking questions effectively.

I've never seen this message before, which makes me wonder if your copy of Stata is corrupted or out of date. Try running

update all

and then see if problems persist. If they do, run something very simple, e.g.

Code:
      webuse nhanes2f, clear
      probit diabetes i.race
      margins race
      If that gives errors then I think your installation is corrupted.
      Thank you, Richard! I've tried running the code you left above and margins function didn't work. So, I assume that my Stata has crashed. I will try to fix this problem.
      Regards,
      Orif
      Using Stata 16/MP

Comment

Working...
      X