No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Experts,

Sorry, but still having this issue!

Trying to run the below xtabond2 command on a panel dataset. Unfortunately still receiving the below error!

The unusual thing is we have installed the same version from the same file on my colleagues pc and it works totally fine!

Code:
    . qui: xtabond2 FirmROA_sd l.FirmROA_sd NumberDirectors GenderRatio NED NationalityMix NoofQualifications FirmROA Levarge FirmSizelnTotalAsse
    > ts FirmSlack FirmAge i.DataYearFiscal, gmm (FirmROA_sd , lag (2 .)col) gmm(NumberDirectors GenderRatio NED NationalityMix NoofQualification
    > s FirmROA Levarge FirmSizelnTotalAssets FirmSlack, lag(3 .)col ) iv(FirmAge i.DataYearFiscal) twostep robust
    unknown egen function max()
    stata():  3598  Stata returned error
    xtabond2_mata():     -  function returned error
    <istmt>:     -  function returned error
    r(3598);
    @Nick Cox, @William Lisowski would appreciate any helpful comments.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

In #15 you said that you would contact your IT people about your Stata installation. Until your Stata is installed properly bizarre problems like this will recur.

Comment

Yes i did, but they were not of much helpful at this point. They claim the issue might be on my laptop! as we installed the same stat version on other pc!
        I am just wondering if that would be the real reason!

Many Thanks

Comment

William Lisowski and I gave you answers in #13 and #14. I think we would agree: the issue is on your laptop. Stata is installed, or part installed, but also all messed up. No competent installation of Stata fails to find egen! I can't say anything about other machines. For all I know, Stata was also installed incorrectly but the other users haven't tickled this problem. Or Stata was installed correctly on those machines. You can check on your colleagues' machines by say

Code:
          which _gmax
          which should find a file _gmax.ado in the area that

Code:
          adopath 
          calls (BASE)

So, presumably you or your employer purchased a Stata license | licence. You need to reinstall using that information. If that does not seem straightforward https://www.stata.com/support/faqs/t...-tech-support/ is a place to start.

Comment

Adding to Nick's post, with which I certainly agree, you can try this and if the results are not analogous to mine, then it is definitely the case that your Stata has not been installed correctly, or has somehow become damaged (which your IT people might hear better than "you got it wrong to begin with").
            Code:
            . which _gmax
            /Applications/Stata/ado/base/_/_gmax.ado
            *! version 4.0.0  02mar2020

. adopath
              [1]  (BASE)      "/Applications/Stata/ado/base/"
              [2]  (SITE)      "/Applications/Stata/ado/site/"
              [3]              "."
              [4]  (PERSONAL)  "/Users/lisowskiw/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/personal/"
              [5]  (PLUS)      "/Users/lisowskiw/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/plus/"
              [6]  (OLDPLACE)  "~/ado/"
            Also, Stata Technical Services provides the Stata Installation Qualification Tool at

https://www.stata.com/support/instal...qualification/

It tests your Stata Installation and evidence if the current installation is not as it should be.You could consider downloading and trying this tool yourself and seeing what it says about your installation.

Comment

Thanks a lot for provide the insights. I have got the below results:

Code:
              . which _gmax
              C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.064\BaDshaH_StataCorpStata14.2(Revision30Jan,2018)\StataCorp Stata 14.2 (Revision 30 Jan, 2018)\ado\base\_\_gmax.ado
              *! version 3.1.2  20oct2004

adopath
                [1]  (BASE)      "C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar.064\BaDshaH_StataCorpStata14.2(Revision30Jan,2018)\StataCorp Stata 14.2 (Revision 30 Jan, 2018)\ado\base/"
                [2]  (SITE)      "C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar.064\BaDshaH_StataCorpStata14.2(Revision30Jan,2018)\StataCorp Stata 14.2 (Revision 30 Jan, 2018)\ado\site/"
                [3]              "."
                [4]  (PERSONAL)  "c:\ado\personal/"
                [5]  (PLUS)      "C:\STATA/"
                [6]  (OLDPLACE)  "c:\ado/"
              Last edited by Hamza Almustafa; 05 May 2020, 18:03.

Comment

Thanks a lot once again.

The issue has been solved, just reinstalled it using file extraction, and it works fine.

Appreciated.

Hamza

Comment

With less than 5 minutes effort I find that your software came from a site that distributes pirated software.

Comment

OMG!

I never thought that stata can be pirated !

So is there any issue with this!

Comment

Hamza,

You using a known pirated serial number which has been blacklisted by our servers. Since the packages you are using are not officially distributed by StataCorp, you should not trust any results that are returned. I recommend contacting StataCorp sales at [email protected] to inquire about obtaining an official copy of the software.

-Pete

Comment

Working...
                      X