Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFT or Cox survival analysis for buy-build strategies in private equity duration analyses

Hi there,

For my research project I am analysing the duration of private equity buy-and-build strategies.
    For the first part of the project I am looking at several determinants of complexity and their influence on the duration of the strategy. Since I will also be including strategies that have not been exited through for example IPO, trade sale, financial buyout, dissolution, the data is right-censored.
    The second part of the project I will verify the impact of the complexity, and thereby the corresponding duration of the strategy on the choice of strategy exit. The largest part of the measures measures of complexity are static, but some are also time-varying.
    I'm new to survival treatment analyses. I'v seen papers using the Cox model, but also papers using the AFT models.
    Could someone please explain how I can determine what model I should use? I do understand that the interpretation of the AFT model's results is easier, but the set-up is more difficult?
    Thanks for the help in advance, really appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Michael

Extended the question at: https://www.statalist.org/forums/for...elp-parametric

Comment

Working...
    X