No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interpretation of output from the 'churdle' command

Hello,

I am currently planning a study and started thinking about the proper econometric approach to my data. While doing that I have come across the churdle command.
    From what I can see in the Stata helpo file, this command provides an output table that is subdivided into the main output as well as two selection outputs (selection_ll, selection_ul), with the latter representing the lower bound and upper bound values that one has to defined based on the data structure.

I have googled for quite a while and cannot make sense of the interpretation of the output table. Can anyone give me a generic answer explaining how to properly interpret any given value in the main output, selection_ll, and selection_ul output? What is the meaning behind the values in either sub-table?

I don't have any specific data output to show since I have not yet obtained my data yet. But I would simply like to understand the meaning behind this command and the standard Stata manual is really no help.

Sincerely!

Peter:
    why not reading the -churdle- entry in Stata .pdf manual and get yourself familiar with that stuff by challenging yourself with reprducing the reported examples?
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

But - as stated in my initial post - I tried to read it. I simply have issues understanding what those terms mean and asked for help.
      If someone could explain this in plain, simple language on the basis of some fictitious data - I would greatly appreciate it.
      I will still work with the data myself, I'm merely asking for an explainer.

Comment

Peter Sommer

There is a Youtube video explaining the churdle example in the Stata help pdf at
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRKhU52hL7Q

Red Owl
        Stata/IC 16 (Windows 10, 64-bit)

Comment

Peter:
          in your first post you did not seem to mention Stata .pdf manual: hence my advice (for what it worths).
          I still benefit from replicating Stata example myself (and reading related references; by the way, you may want to take a look at: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf...867X1301300406) but, as usual, a size doesn't fit all.
          Kind regards,
          Carlo
          (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Originally posted by Carlo Lazzaro View Post
            Peter:
            in your first post you did not seem to mention Stata .pdf manual: hence my advice (for what it worths).
            I still benefit from replicating Stata example myself (and reading related references; by the way, you may want to take a look at: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf...867X1301300406) but, as usual, a size doesn't fit all.
            I refered to this as the 'Stata help file' in my initial post.
            In any case, for now I was simply interested in a easy-to-understand summary of what those outputs mean without having to dive into the hardcore econometrics. Thanks Red Owl for the link.

Comment

Working...
            X