No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xtbcfe erroe

Dear All,

I am trying to use the user written routine xtbcfe for bias corrected fixed effect estimation of a panel data model. I installed the routine and attempted to replicate the estimations suggested in the help file.

I got the following error message, which I cannot understand:

Code:
    . xtbcfe n w wL1 k kL1 kL2 ys ysL1 ysL2, bciters(250) res(iid) ini(bi) lags(2)
    command distinct is unrecognized
    r(199);
    Hence I installed distinct. Then I receive the following error:

Code:
     xtbcfe n w wL1 k kL1 kL2 ys ysL1 ysL2, bciters(250) res(iid) ini(bi) lags(2)
                   bcfe_ub():  3499  mm_repeat() not found
                     <istmt>:     -  function returned error
    r(3499);
    As far as you know (if you know the routine), is there any bug in it?

Best

Dario

EDIT

I found the solution in another thread in this forum. But still I have problems with the routine. The results of the estimation (the same suggested in the help file) is reported below:

Code:
    . xtbcfe n w wL1 k kL1 kL2 ys ysL1 ysL2, bciters(250) res(iid) ini(bi) lags(2) te crit(0.01)

Bootstrap corrected dynamic FE regression       Number of obs      =       751
    Group variable : id                             Number of groups   =       140

Resample       : i.i.d.                         Obs per group: min =         5
    Initialization : Burn-in                                       avg =       5.4
    Convergence    : Yes                                           max =         7

Dependent variable : n
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Results                                                      
                     Coefs.  Std. Err.          t      P>|t| [95% Conf.  Interval]
    L.n           1.0507655          .          .          .          .          .
    L2.n         -0.1656689          .          .          .          .          .
    w            -0.5516643          .          .          .          .          .
    wL1           0.5132341          .          .          .          .          .
    k             0.3880882          .          .          .          .          .
    kL1          -0.2208651          .          .          .          .          .
    kL2          -0.0465805          .          .          .          .          .
    ys            0.4757484          .          .          .          .          .
    ysL1         -0.7717861          .          .          .          .          .
    ysL2          0.1648291          .          .          .          .          .
    year4         0.0198841          .          .          .          .          .
    year5         0.0347159          .          .          .          .          .
    year6         0.0006001          .          .          .          .          .
    year7         0.0054584          .          .          .          .          .
    year8         0.0242108          .          .          .          .          .
    year9         0.0480169          .          .          .          .          .
    Notes:
    - No standard errors computed
    Any idea why standard errors are not computed?
    Last edited by Dario Maimone Ansaldo Patti; 22 Aug 2019, 18:41.

I face the same situation. Have you resolved the problem? If yes kindly reply to this for solution.

Comment

Unfortunately, no. I tried to write to one of the authors of the routine, but no answer received.

Comment

By default, XTBCFE does not compute standard errors (see the help file of the command: "choose a method for standard errors and confidence intervals; default is no inference").
        You need to use the option "inference" and choose the method you want to adopt in order to obtain standard error estimates.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X