• Mario Ferri
    replied
    Bayesian Model Average (BMA) models),
    Integration with various toolboxes ie Dynare, IRIS etc

Leave a comment:

• daniel klein
    replied
    Originally posted by Jean-Claude Arbaut View Post
    I don't think it's currently possible: copy one or several value labels from another frame.
    Sadly, I do not have access to Stata 16 yet. However, from what I understand from the documentation, this should be three lines of code

Code:
    tempfile tmp
    frame frame_name : label save lblname using `tmp'
    run `tmp'
    Best
    Daniel
    Last edited by daniel klein; 18 Jul 2019, 09:48. Reason: I keep writing tempname when I mean tempfile ... corrected

Leave a comment:

• Jean-Claude Arbaut
    replied
    I don't think it's currently possible: copy one or several value labels from another frame. It's done if copying a variable, but I see cases where it would be nice to copy labels directly, in order to use them in another context.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Williams
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce Weaver View Post
    Please consider tweaking -nestreg- to make it work with factor variables. This would be a great improvement IMO. Thanks.
    I would like that too. I would probably enter all the terms for a factor variable simultaneously, e.g. if you've got i.religion and religion has 5 categories, all 4 dummies would be entered in a single step.

Oddly enough, the old xi: prefix can do this:

Code:
    webuse nhanes2f, clear
    xi: nestreg: reg health (i.race) age height

Leave a comment:

• Joseph Coveney
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Davis View Post
    The advanced features I would like to see the most are saving all open tabs as temp files so if stata closes or crashes the scripts are available when I reopen, column editing, and regular expressions.
    In the Edit | Preferences... | Advanced tab, there's a checkbox "Always save before do/run", but I suspect that it saves only the current tab and not all open tabs.

Like you, I just found out (or re-discovered after having forgotten) from Hua (#19) that the do-file editor has column editing. I looked in the help file and in the user's manual entry and nothing is mentioned of column editing.

In the Edit | Find | Find. . . and Edit | Find | Replace... tabs, there is a checkbox "Regular expression". Would that be what you're looking for?

My initial reaction to others' enthusiastic reception of frames was, "What's all of the hullabaloo about? I've managed to get along quite well for so many years without it, I don't see as I'd ever use it." Now that I've played with the new feature a little, I'm beginning to think that -merge- is pretty much relegated to history as far as any code that I write goes. (Ditto for -preserve- and -tempfile-.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X