Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simoncmoore
    I regularly receive lots of little files on a regular basis that need to be appended to a larger data set. It would be nice to be able to append, then zip the new file and save to an archive in a do file. At the momet I call a batch file to do this, but would much rather do this in Stata.
    Stata has already an zipfile-command. See help zipfile for more information. So you should already be able to do what you want to do with a do-file.

Comment

• I wish the color option feature in Stata commands for prominent view.

Is there a way to see the result of a particular command in different colour? I mean want to see the -count if - command result in red colour. i.e count if missing(gender) in red

Thanks
      Rasool Bux

Comment

• #167 can be approached this way

Code:
        quietly count if missing(gender) 
        di in red r(N)
        or this way

Code:
        program countinred 
              quietly count `0'
              di in red r(N)
        end 

. sysuse auto
        (1978 Automobile Data)

. countinred if missing(rep78)

Comment

• Dear Nick,

Thanks for reply and suggestions. But how we can see the results in red of any other command as well. I mean regression etc.

Best regards,
          Rasool Bux

Comment

• I don’t know any code for that. It's likely to be best done in your word processor/text processor/other publication software.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasool Baloch View Post
              Dear Nick,

Thanks for reply and suggestions. But how we can see the results in red of any other command as well. I mean regression etc.

Best regards,
              Rasool Bux
              Perhaps you are interested in changing the colour scheme of the Results window? One way to get there is by the Edit menu > Preferences > General Preferences, then click on Results, and you will see the default choice for the "Standard" colour scheme is that both results and standard output are black. You can choose a scheme which differentiates these two colour, or create your own custom scheme.

Comment

• It would be nice if Stata 17 would bring option to visualize the margins of interaction term via marginplot to see the bar plots of subcategories ( not stacked but on side for each category) with the error bars.

Comment

• Justin Blasongame
                  Not sure if this has already been addressed, but the request that you have is fairly complex. Currently Stata is providing the ability to generate what amounts to vector based representations (e.g., the coordinates are drawn to form the image). It sounds like what you are wanting is to be able to use slippy maps (i.e., raster data) which would involve being able to add vector graphics on top of an existing bitmapped image. If you're comfortable working in Python, adding this type of functionality to Stata might make for a useful package and could probably be handled using some of the existing Python libraries for visualization or the Python libraries available for QGIS.

Comment

• Some wishes for the do-editor :

1. a hot key combination to switch between different tabs:
                    Ctrl+PgUp - tab to the left of current (previous file).
                    Ctrl+PgDn - tab to the right of current (next file).
                    (same as in Excel)
                    Ctrl + Tilde (or something else) - return to previously active tab/file.
                    Ctrl + NumStar(*) - go to next modified/unsaved file.

Currently have to constantly reach for the mouse to do this. If there are existing hotkeys for this, please make the tooltips on tabs.
                    Evidently they were present in earlier versions, but got lost subsequently:
                    https://www.stata.com/statalist/arch.../msg00330.html

2. A way to call Stata from doeditor - I commonly have multiple Stata windows open and each may have multiple do-editors, ending up in chaos. Same when someone asks to look at their problem on a machine with dozens of sessions and files open. Can never find what is related to what.

This can be easily solved by a simple button on the toolbar next to DO and RUN.
                    A hot key for this would also be very much appreciated.

3. I am not sure why the print preview of the do-file is generated on the dark background when a dark scheme is used. While I find it sometimes more convenient to work with a dark scheme on a monitor, I never want to print the documents on a solid black background. Perhaps the print preview should use a different coloring theme. The Viewer has a more reasonable behavior, producing the output on the white background even when the dark scheme is applied to the window on the screen.

Thank you, Sergiy

Comment

• Adding to Sergiy Radyakin in #174: It would be great to be able to run a do-file while in the Mata environment, at a minimum an ability to have the do-file "end" the Mata session and return to Stata to execute the remainder of the do-file.

Comment

• @wbuchanan

Yes, I suspected that was the case! I'm an intermediate Python user so that's something I will look into.

Comment

• Justin Blasongame
                          if you want to collaborate on something like that let me know and I can try to find time to work on it as well.

Comment

• This one should be easy to implement: An immediate version of twoway pcbarrow (just as twoway pcarrowi is an immediate version of twoway pcarrow).

Comment

• I would love to have variable names that exceed 32 characters.

Comment

• In addition to #179, I would like to see the option of having variable labels longer than 200 characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X