Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asdoc: version update - New features of font, table header formatting, etc. Export results to Word from Stata

Version 2.3.3.2, dated Feb 23, 2019, is finally here, thanks for Kit Baum for updating it on SSC. This new version brings significant improvements to existing routines and introduces a few new features. Summary of these is given below and details can be found on my webpage here. If you have not used asdoc previously, I would encourage you to read this half page quick start to asdoc.

To update
    Code:
    ssc install asdoc, replace
    help asdoc
    New Features

1. Font style

2. Formatting the header row and header column

3. Revamped the tabulation commands (really elegant tables now) - Watch YouTube Video

4. Revamped the table command (really elegant tables now)

5. Extending the detailed regression tables [ Read further details here]

5.1 Added confidence intervals to the detailed regression tables
    5.2 Added an option for customizing the significance starts
    5.3 Added an option for suppressing significance stars
    5.4 Added an option for suppressing confidence intervals

6. Adding support for macOS

6. Improving the output from proportion command

7. Support added for the logistic family of regressions

8. Improving table outputs of non-standard outputs i.e. multilevel models

9. eform() option added to nested tables

Future Plans

It is now almost a year in developing and constantly adding features to asdoc. I think I would stop here and start working on a premium version of asdoc that would be more flexible in making customized tables. It will also be able to export the output tables to Word, Excel, plain text, CSV, and LaTeX formats. I plan to name the premium version as asdocx.
    I would appreciate your suggestions and comments here on this post or sent directly to my email address [email protected]

• Peter Edwards
    replied
    Thanks Prof Attaullah Shah for a fantastic command.

I am trying to use the asdoc command alongside the reformat command so I can output the results of a multilevel mixed effects logitic regression model.

For example:

use https://www.stata-press.com/data/r17/bangladesh, clear
    xi: melogit c_use i.urban age i.children, nofvlabel|| district:
    reformat, output(necp) dpcoef(2) dpp(3) nocons eform
    asdoc reformat, output(necp) dpcoef(2) dpp(3) nocons eform save(example1) replace

All the commands for reformat work other than "eform" which is what I need for my publication so I can present the odds ratios.

I've tried eform() and adding is isreg to the asdoc command but not had any success. Also tried 'asdoc: reformat command'.

Would be very grateful to know if what I am trying to achieve is possible in asdoc?

VBW

Pete

Dr Peter Edwards
    GP & NIHR Clinical Research Fellow
    Centre for Academic Primary Care (CAPC)
    Bristol Medical School: Population Health Sciences
    Office 1.07, Canynge Hall, 39 Whatley Road, Bristol BS8 2PS
    Email: [email protected]
    Twitter: @Dr_PJEdwards
    ORCID: 0000-0001-6999-753X

Leave a comment:

• Attaullah Shah
    replied
    mrtab is a community contributed package and hence is not supported by asdoc. You can explore asdocx, that has premium features and exports Stata tables to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, and HTML https://fintechprofessor.com/asdocx/

Leave a comment:

• Zainab Mariam
    replied
    Eagerly waiting for a response, please!

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Zelda Doyle
    replied
    Not sure if this is the right forum or not...I have a problem with asdoc and a very WEIRD error. I am using STATA IC 15 and mrtab to get some counts....I get this error.

asdoc mrtab Q19b_MM1 Q19b_MM2 Q19b_MM3 Q19b_MM4 Q19b_MM5 Q19b_MM67 Q19b_NoMovement

option Darwin not allowed
    stata(): 3598 Stata returned error
    asdocrest(): - function returned error
    <istmt>: - function returned error

Now I have narrowed it down to the Q19b_MM5 variable, BUT if I do a straight mrtab without the asdoc, it works. Darwin is part of the wording in the Q19b_MM5 response, but I am really confused as to why it is suddenly being thought of as an option.... ANY suggestions gratefully received.

Leave a comment:

• Zainab Mariam
    replied
    Dear Professor Attaullah,

I am using Stata 14. The data type of my research is panel data (unbalanced), the time period is 22 years, 5084 firms. One of my explanatory variables requires measuring stock liquidity using Corwin and Schultz (2012) and Pastor and Stambaugh.

There is SAS programming which calculates formulas. I wonder whether there is similar programming in Stata.

Therefore, I kindly ask you please to guide me on how to calculate Corwin and Schultz (2012) and Pastor and Stambaugh liquidity measures using Stata.

Thank you in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Attaullah Shah
    replied
    Hello Diana
    Can you please post the asdoc code that you have used. Also, can you post an example data using dataex or any other example from datasets installed with Stata e.g, sysuse auto, clear. The following example is is run on Stata 17 and asdoc version Jan 17, 2022: Version 2.3.9.7
    Code:
    which asdoc
    sysuse auto, clear
    asdoc cor, replace
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1672346

Leave a comment:

• Diana Hechavarria
    replied

Name:	image_27896.png
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	1672331
    I just upgraded to Stata 17 and I am getting this error when I am using asdoc. Any idea why? This is after a correlate command. I have the most recent version installed.
    Last edited by Diana Hechavarria; 05 Jul 2022, 22:52.

Leave a comment:

• Attaullah Shah
    replied
    Since the varsoc command leaves a Stata matrix behind, you can use the wmat command of asdoc to send this Stata matrix to the output file. Here is an example

Code:
    webuse lutkepohl2
    varsoc dln_inv dln_inc dln_consump
    mat stats = r(stats)
    asdoc wmat, mat(stats) replace

Name:	Capture.JPG
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1604716

Leave a comment:

• Ola tunji
    replied
    Please, how can I use asdoc for VECM reuslts such as vec or var?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Son Thanh Nguyen
    replied
    Originally posted by Attaullah Shah View Post
    Thanks for reporting this. The error message was caused by the variable AB that has all empty values. Anyway, i have fixed the bug. The new version of asdoc can be installed from my site. Copy and paste the following line in Stata and press enter.
    Code:
    net install asdoc, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace
    Please note that the above line has to be copied in full.

asdocx is now available
    A more powerful and flexible version of asdoc is now available. I call it asdocx. You may like to check the details here

https://fintechprofessor.com/asdocx

Please do remember to cite asdoc. To cite:

In-text citation
    Tables were created using asdoc, a Stata program written by Shah (2018).

Bibliography
    Shah, A. (2018). ASDOC: Stata module to create high-quality tables in MS Word from Stata output. Statistical Software Components S458466, Boston College Department of Economics.
    Dear Professor,
    Well noted with many thanks for your quick reply!
    Best regards,

Leave a comment:

• Attaullah Shah
    replied
    Thanks for reporting this. The error message was caused by the variable AB that has all empty values. Anyway, i have fixed the bug. The new version of asdoc can be installed from my site. Copy and paste the following line in Stata and press enter.
    Code:
    net install asdoc, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace
    Please note that the above line has to be copied in full.

asdocx is now available
    A more powerful and flexible version of asdoc is now available. I call it asdocx. You may like to check the details here

https://fintechprofessor.com/asdocx

Please do remember to cite asdoc. To cite:

In-text citation
    Tables were created using asdoc, a Stata program written by Shah (2018).

Bibliography
    Shah, A. (2018). ASDOC: Stata module to create high-quality tables in MS Word from Stata output. Statistical Software Components S458466, Boston College Department of Economics.

Leave a comment:

• Son Thanh Nguyen
    replied
    Error code
    Code:
    invalid syntax
    r(198);

Leave a comment:

• Son Thanh Nguyen
    replied
    @Attaullah Shah
    Dear Professor,
    I get problem with summarize command
    Code:
    use hoaThesis.dta, clear
    asdoc sum
    Below is the link to the data. Please kindly take a look and give me your advice.
    Thanks!

I used Stata 16 MP on Windows 10

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ybsful2l0...hesis.dta?dl=0
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Son Thanh Nguyen; 08 Apr 2021, 19:15. Reason: Upload Attachments

Leave a comment:

• tanveer ahsan
    replied
    Thanks, dear Professor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X