Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Nick, sorry, maybe I am not make me understood properly.

Saying differently: is there any chance to reduce the gap between the labels and the left-border of the window, so that the labels are closer to the left side (occupying properly of the blank-spice in the left side of the window) leaving more space for the "informative" part of the graph (that by doing so would be more readable)?

thanks, g

Comment

You need to convince us that Stata is not using available space.

Comment

Ok, I think this is a task too hard.

Thanks anyway, best, G

Comment

See https://www.statalist.org/forums/for...umn-percentage for a problem with 5 x 4 x 2 = 40 bars. I think the graph there is quite good, but I guess not many people would say it's too simple. Your problem is much more than 3 times harder, given the length of your labels. You could try reducing them drastically; otherwise I think this is too difficult to do well.

Comment

Dear Nick,
            thanks a lot as always, I got the problem.

Thus (for the future) is there no way of diminishing the gap between labels and left side of the graph to use the remaining white space, correct?

Comment

#20 is the same question as before, so sorry, I don't really have a different answer. In teaching I copy Stata graphs into other applications and usually find that a moderate magnification within that application works well. In contrast a diagram like yours won't work well in most journals unless you can persuade them to give you a full page.

Comment

Dear Nick,

thanks a lot, really appreciated your support (and sorry if sometimes my questions seem silly).

best, g

Comment

Working...
                X