Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Nick,
    you got the problem, I had not the last version of tabplot.

Thanks a lot for your and Andrew's kindness.

Have a nice evening, G

Comment

By the way, is that possible to show always two digits (for instance, not 4 but 4,0 and not ,2 but 0,2)?

I tried with -format num %9,0gc- but Stata runs into the error 'invalid syntax'
      Thanks, G

Comment

What's num ? It is not in your data example.

This works and is documented:

Code:
        gen percshow = string(perc, "%9,0gc")

tabplot setto anno [iw=perc], by(uomo, compact note("") title("Distribuzione di genere nelle professioni", place(e))) ///
        subtitle(, fcolor(none)) showval(percshow, mlabsize(vsmall)) ///
        xtitle("") ytitle("") yla(, labsize(medsmall)) ///
        separate(uomo) bar1(bfcolor(red*0.2) blcolor(red)) bar2(bfcolor(blue*0.2) blcolor(blue))

Comment

Dear Nick, thanks again for your help.

I tried the command, it seems to work but still no 0 in the graph.

Could it be something related to an old version of a given command? I would say no, because you added only a simple -gen- and the variable -percshow- after showval, right?

I also tried with - format perc %9,0gc- but nothing change.

thanks, g

Comment

Try %09,0gc

Comment

You mean -gen percshow = string(perc, "%09,0gc")- instead of -gen percshow = string(perc, "%9,0gc")-, right?

Always the same...

Comment

Maybe is related to the fact that I sun -set dp comma- at the beginning?

If I try with -"%03.2f"- I obtain number such as "0.50" with point instead of comma (when I would have "0,5" in this example)

Comment

You're right. Stata ignores a leading zero in %09,2gc. But what you want is just more string manipulation:

Code:
                  gen percshow = string(perc, "%9,0gc") 
                  replace percshow = "0" + percshow if substr(percshow, 1, 1) == "," 
                  tabplot setto anno [iw=perc], by(uomo, compact note("") title("Distribuzione di genere nelle professioni", place(e))) ///
                  separate(uomo) bar1(bfcolor(red*0.2) blcolor(red)) bar2(bfcolor(blue*0.2) blcolor(blue))

Comment

Dear Nick, thanks a lot, I was not aware of the option 'substr'.

Now it works and I have 0,5 instead of ,5.

But how if I would like to have 7,0 instead of 7? Is something still related to the specification of 'substr'?

thanks g

Comment

You don't need the substr() function (not option) at all. This ticks all boxes, as I should have seen earlier.

Code:
                      gen percshow = string(perc, "%04,1fc") 

Comment

Working...
                      X