Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weiwen Ng has already answered that. They should explain to you what drives (devices) you can and cannot use with Stata to install additional programs. (The worst answer may be none at all, if you are behind a firewall.)

Comment

Meaning that, the problem is out of my hand

Comment

I didn't say that. You need to ask them and find out what your possibilities are.

Comment

Originally posted by marwan Alssadek View Post
          Many thanks.....So, what IT department is supposed to do ?
          To make this as clear as possible, I said:

You need to get write access to the Stata directory. Your department's IT people need to give you access. If they are not willing to let you access C:\ado\plus and its sub-directories, they may be willing to let you access a network drive. Alternatively, I imagine you can bring in a flash drive, copy the files there, then plug it in and tell Stata to reset the system directory to the external drive. You will be able to see the drive letter in Windows Explorer.
          The simpler version of that is: Ask your IT department how you can install a user-written package on the computer. If they don't understand the issue, point them to this thread.

I am neither able nor willing to help further. Forgive me if this is the wrong impression, but it sounds like you are taking your frustration out on the posters here. You are trying to install a Stata package on a computer with restricted write access. We have tried to help you. Right now, the only people who can help are your IT department.
          Be aware that it can be very hard to answer a question without sample data. You can use the dataex command for this. Type help dataex at the command line.

When presenting code or results, please use the code delimiters format them. Use the # button on the formatting toolbar, between the " (double quote) and <> buttons.

Comment

Hello, stata community, I have panel data of 19 industrialized economies and 24 years, could you please suggest the most fitted estimator for this sample? Thanks a lot.

Comment

#20 has no relation to this thread. Please start a new thread with an appropriate title. However, the question is likely too broad to get a detailed reply.

Comment

Even though this might be outdated, I think my solution might be helpful to whoever runs into a similar problem. I ran into the same problem, and by "RUN STATA AS ADMINISTRATOR", then run "ssc install..." solved the problem.
                Last edited by Jerry Guan; 07 Jan 2022, 19:32.

Comment

Working...
                X