Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#15 This isn't the answer you want, but I can't read any single graph here easily, so the scope for a readable combination of several such seems remote.

heatplot from SSC (not SCC) is a great command I've not used much, so I don't have enough experience to comment. I'm not especially surprised that it doesn't combine cleanly with anything else. That is not a criticism of heatplot at all. It's par for the course for graph combine, which just can't be as smart as users sometimes hope.

Comment

Hi Nick,

Do you mean that you cannot open the thumbnails and the graph or that graph is not legible? If it is the former. I can reattach the images.

Comment

I mean that I find each individual graph unreadable insofar as all the text elements are unreadable. I am using a fairly mundane laptop.

Comment

I mean that I find each individual graph unreadable insofar as all the text elements are unreadable.

If I click on an image things improve but the graph is still nearer unreadable than not. You have, I guessed, reduced the text size and put some text at 45 degrees, signs that you are struggling.

Different question: Is that a legend at the bottom? Are the same colours being used with different meanings?

I am using a fairly mundane laptop.

Comment

Hi Nick,

The idea is combine 1) twoway bar graph showing cases and deaths, and 2) heatplot showing the stringency of government policy during COVID. This is a graph for 1 state in India. I am trying to combine 6 of these into 1 graph.

You have, I guessed, reduced the text size and put some text at 45 degrees, signs that you are struggling.
            I did reduce the text size and changed the angle to increase the readability and you are right. I have been struggling.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be really good.

Comment

Working...
            X