Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taruntej Singh : My rule of thumb is to use the method you understand. I do not know what qregpd does behind the blackbox, so I would not use it.
    I understand, what xtqreg does, so i would be more comfortable taking about advantages and limitations of this estimator.

Hi Mia Liu
    what you report is unexpected. I wonder if this has something to do with "singletons".
    My own interpretation of what xtqreg does (which i called mmqreg and you can get it from SSC) actually drops the singletons.

Perhaps there is something else in your data that is causing this problem.
    HTH
    Fernando

Comment

• Dear Mia Liu,

How are you defining the panel for xtqreg?

Best wishes,

Joao

Comment

• My humble question is that Fixed effect panel quantile regression can control the cross sectional dependence or not? If cross sectional dependence exists in panel data can we use XTQREG?

Regards,
        Rabiya

Comment

• Hi, Joao do we have a command to plot the coefficients after running xtqreg?
          Thankyou

Comment

• Hi Owusu,
            There is no command to get plots of the coefficients, however, you could adapt the code I posted here, changing uqreg with xtqreg, and changing i=5(5)95 to i=0.05(.05).95
            HTH

Comment

• Originally posted by FernandoRios View Post
              Hi Owusu,
              There is no command to get plots of the coefficients, however, you could adapt the code I posted here, changing uqreg with xtqreg, and changing i=5(5)95 to i=0.05(.05).95
              HTH
              Thankyou for this I appreciate it a lot, however I am finding it difficult to implement this with my variables. My model is below, can you please do me a favour and elaborate more on this code for me.
              xtqreg gdppc poplog hc fdi lly lly_fdi i. yearavg5 , i(countryID) ls q(0.25)
              eststo
              xtqreg gdppc poplog hc fdi lly lly_fdi i. yearavg5 , i(countryID) ls q(0.5)
              eststo
              xtqreg gdppc poplog hc fdi lly lly_fdi i. yearavg5, i(countryID) ls q(0.75)
              eststo
              xtqreg gdppc poplog hc fdi lly lly_fdi i. yearavg5, i(countryID) ls q(0.95)
              eststo

Thankyou.

Comment

• Thank you FernandoRios and Joao Santos Silva. I may have figured out why my number of observations is smaller when using xtqreg. When I include "nodrop" in the bootstrap option, then my number of observations is the same as using ols. Would you think that may be the reason?

Thank you,
                Mia

Comment

• Dear Mia Liu,

It looks as if you are not defining your sub-samples correctly. I suggest that you write a simplified version of your code that can replicate the problem, and post it and the results here for us to look at.

Best wishes,

Joao

Comment

• Hello I am using this code to plot the coefficient after quantile regression. Can someone help me how to plot multiple coefficients after running the regression.
                    this code plots only one coefficient at a time. Moreover how do I change the quantile to 0.25,0.5,0.75,0.95

Thankyou

code
                    tempfile holding
                    postfile handle quantile coefficient se using `holding'
                    forvalues i=1(1)9{
                    local ii=`i'/10
                    qregpd gdppc gdppc_lag fdi poplog hc afdi afdi_fdi,quantile(0.5) id(countrycode) fix(yearavg5) optimize(mcmc) noisy draws(1000) burn(100) arate(.5)
                    post handle (`ii') (_b[fdi]) (_se[fdi])
                    }
                    postclose handle
                    use `holding', clear
                    gen lb=coefficient-se*1.65
                    gen ub=coefficient+se*1.65
                    graph twoway (rarea lb ub quantile) || (line coefficient quantile)
                    Last edited by OWUSU ANSAH; 25 Jun 2020, 19:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joao Santos Silva View Post
                      Dear Cobby Stoneson,

T=5 is too short for xtqreg. You can try it , but I would go for the "correlated fixed effects" (or Mundlak device) mentioned in the posts above.

Best wishes,

Joao
                      Hi Joao,
                      I have a panel of 230k obs in 9 years. Is it possible to use xtqreg? Thank you.

Best regards,
                      Yen

Comment

• Dear Yen Ng,

I would say that T=9 is below what is desirable, put it is probably worth a try. You should, however, use the jackknife correction.

Best wishes,

Joao

Comment

• Originally posted by Joao Santos Silva View Post
                          Dear Yen Ng,

I would say that T=9 is below what is desirable, put it is probably worth a try. You should, however, use the jackknife correction.

Best wishes,

Joao
                          Thanks Joao.

Comment

• Dear Joao Santos Silva

It is possible to use xtqreg when my dependent variable is counting and inflated to zero?
                            My database is an unbalanced panel with approximately 2800 firms and 20 years.

Best regards,
                            Mirian

Comment

• Dear Mirian Wawrzyniak,

I am afraid it does not work for count data. For counts you can use qcount but that does not allow fixed effects.

Best wishes,

Joao

Comment

• @Joao Santos Silva, many thanks for all of the knowledge above.

In one of the posts, you mentioned that xtqreg is not proper for short time periods. What is the plausible number of years to be used with the command? I have panel data capturing two-years , but my coeficients differ across different quantiles when I estimate my model with xtqreg . Is it still not proper to run the command with two-years of time time span? Best regards.

Comment

Working...
                                X