No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filelist-- not detecting the correct file type

Statalisters,

While using -filelist- to find all pat("*.dta") files in my chosen directory, I have discovered the problem that the -filelist- falsely detects a ".do" file instead of the ".dta" file that follows it if they have the identical file name.

For example, while running -filelist- on a directory that contains the following two files:

food.do
    food.dta

the command -filelist, dir("$directory") pat("*.dta")- will detect and download food.do, but not food.dta. I suspect that this is because of the order of the files.

I have several thousand files that are formatted in that order in company-wide cloud storage, so changing file names or switching the order of files that fit this category is not an option.

Does anyone know a fix for this problem?

Thank you for your help,
    Malcolm
    Last edited by Malcolm Ringger; 13 Jun 2018, 10:55.

I cannot replicate the problem.

Code:
    . dir e:/auto/
      <dir>   6/13/18 20:58  .                 
      <dir>   6/13/18 20:58  ..                
       0.0k   6/13/18 20:58  auto.do           
       0.7k   6/13/18 20:58  auto.dta          

. filelist , dir("e:/auto") pattern("*.dta") norecursive
    Number of files found = 1

. list

+----------------------------+
         | dirname   filename   fsize |
         |----------------------------|
      1. | e:/auto   auto.dta     743 |
         +----------------------------+

. which filelist
    c:\ado\plus\f\filelist.ado
    *! version 2.0.7  08jun2015 Robert Picard, [email protected]

end of do-file
    I am using Stata 12.1 at the moment and I have downloaded filelist from SSC.

Best
    Daniel

Comment

Thanks for checking in. I'm on Stata 14.2, but I don't think that should matter. I thought it might be a problem with string length because the file extensions are a few folders deep, but the latest version of -filelist- should solve that problem. Similarly, I think the newest version of -filelist- eliminates the maximum amount of files that can fit in the list, so that shouldn't be a problem in this case (currently accounting for 5360 files, need about 1000 more).

Thanks again, I'll have to give the process another whack.

Comment

After restarting my computer for updates, it appear the problem has solved itself. I'm guessing it was solved by clearing my cache memory.

Comment

Working...
        X