No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gsem

• Hello everyone ,
      I want to see if mothers sleep quality has an impact on child's sleep quality. To measure child's sleep quality , i have 7 variables ( nightmares , wake up after few hours , etc. ) which are binary variables. Mothers sleep quality is measured by two variables (subjective and objective measures).

First i want to construct a factor score for child's sleep quality which is also the dependent variable and then do the regression using gsem.
      I also have these measures at three points in time but at the 2nd and 3d time point , i have less than 7 variables to measure childs quality of sleep.

How can i do this using gsem ?

You may want to look at the latent growth curve examples in the Stata manual. You’ll also want to test for measurement invariance for the measurement model component of your larger model. But rather than constructing a scale and then using it as a dependent variable, it would likely be a better strategy to model the measurement along with the structural components of your model simultaneously. Also keep in mind that your model is going to get more complex if you are also adjusting for the dyadic relationships between mothers and their children.

Comment

Working...
    X