Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacob Hesse
    I had fixed this issue in the latest version, which I have not yet sent to ssc. The new version of asdoc can be installed from my site. Copy and paste the following line in Stata and press enter.
    Code:
    net install asdoc, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace
    Please note that the above line has to be copied in full. After installation of the new version, then restart Stata.

Here is an example from the Stata Installation
    Code:
    webuse lbw
    asdoc logistic low age lwt i.race smoke ptl ht ui, or replace
    Click image for larger version

Name:	logistic.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	1538526

Please do remember to cite asdoc. To cite:
    In-text citation
    Tables were created using asdoc, a Stata program written by Shah (2018).

Bibliography
    Shah, A. (2018). ASDOC: Stata module to create high-quality tables in MS Word from Stata output. Statistical Software Components S458466, Boston College Department of Economics.

Regards
    --------------------------------------------------
    Attaullah Shah, PhD.
    Professor of Finance, Institute of Management Sciences Peshawar, Pakistan
    FinTechProfessor.com
    https://asdocx.com
    Check out my asdoc program, which sends outputs to MS Word.
    For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

• Hi,
      Is there a way where "var labels" can be displayed using asdoc for "nested reg" output to word .doc?

Comment

• Yes, see this example

Code:
        sysuse auto, clear
        asdoc reg price mpg headroom , label replace nest
        Regards
        Attaullah Shah, PhD.
        FinTechProfessor.com
        For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

• Hi - is there a way to produce a similar table, but of the results of several univariable models?

ie, so that the following regressions would appear in one table, formatted as your table above?

Code:
          asdoc logistic low age, or replace
          asdoc logistic low lwt, or
          asdoc logistic low i.race, or
          asdoc logistic low smoke, or
          asdoc logistic low ptl, or
          thank you for any help

Comment

• Here are a few thoughts to get the mentioned table:
            1. Use the wide option of asdoc
            2. Use the nest option of asdoc
            3. Use option row() to create a customized table from scratch.

1. Use the Wide table
            Code:
            global cnames coeff Constant t(const) t(var) r2
            asdoc logistic low age, t(side) stars wide replace add(age) cnames($cnames)
            asdoc logistic low lwt, t(side) stars wide add(lwd)
            asdoc logistic low smoke, t(side) stars wide add(smoke)
            asdoc logistic low ptl, t(side) stars wide add(ptl)

Name:	wide.PNG
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1539195

2. Use the nest option

Code:
            asdoc logistic low age, nest replace 
            asdoc logistic low lwt, nest
            asdoc logistic low smoke, nest
            asdoc logistic low ptl, nest

Name:	nest.PNG
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	1539196

3. Use option row for customized Table
            Option row() can be used to generate highly customized tables in any desired format. To get started, please read this blog article https://fintechprofessor.com/2018/09...stata-ms-word/
            Regards
            Attaullah Shah, PhD.
            FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

• Dear Professor Shah,

In first place, thanks for such an useful program as asdoc. I would like you to ask a question regarding regression tables. Now I have the following code:
              Code:
              asdoc reg re78 train age educ black hisp, nocons noci nonum nest append fhc(\b) save(TABLE_II) title(Table II)
              asdoc reg re78 train age educ black hisp re74 re75, nocons noci nonum nest append fhc(\b) save(TABLE_II) title(Table II)
              I would like to add at the bottom of my regression table the number of observations in the treatment group, possibly with the option add. Is there a way to do this without inserting the number manually?

Regards,
              Sofia Gori

Comment

• You can first write the desired statistics to a local before running asdoc. Later on pass that local to the add() options.

Code:
                sum foreign if foreign ==1
                loc mean = `r(N)'
                asdoc reg price mpg, replace nest add(Foreign Obs., `obs')

Name:	add with asdoc.PNG
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	1540118
                Regards
                Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

• Is it possible for asdoc to export to Excel or xml file instead of Doc. It will be more helpful?

Comment

• I am working on asdocx, which will export to Excel. See details here http://fintechprofessor.com/asdocx
                    Regards
                    Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                    FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

• Hello Attaullah Shah

first of all: Thank you for the asdoc command, it almost works perfectly for me.

I run xtpoisson for panel data and include the –irr option to show the incidence rate ratios. I also want to see these irr in the output created by asdoc. –eform should work, but I get the following error:
                      Code:
                      option or not allowed
                      r(198);
                      After searching through –help asdoc, I see no mention of eform either. In earlier forum posts by you however, you referenced it. Did you remove it?

What can I do to show the incidence rate ratios in my word file?

Thank you a lot for your help and have a nice day.

Comment

• This issue has been fixed in the recent update (Version 2.3.7.2: Changes made on March 19, 2020). The new version of asdoc can be installed from my site. Copy and paste the following line in Stata and press enter.
                        Code:
                        net install asdoc, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace
                        Please note that the above line has to be copied in full. After installation of the new version, then restart Stata.

Please do remember to cite asdoc. To cite:
                        In-text citation
                        Tables were created using asdoc, a Stata program written by Shah (2018).

Bibliography
                        Shah, A. (2018). ASDOC: Stata module to create high-quality tables in MS Word from Stata output. Statistical Software Components S458466, Boston College Department of Economics.
                        Regards
                        Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                        FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

• Hi, sorry if this question has already been answered - I want to use asdoc tabulate for a number of variables. Is there a way to get these in the same table? I try using rowappend but am not getting the desired result. For example:

Code:
                          * Example generated by -dataex-. To install: ssc install dataex
                          clear
                          input float(id a_present a_freq b_freq)
                           1 0 0 0
                           2 0 0 1
                           3 1 2 2
                           4 1 3 3
                           5 1 1 3
                           6 0 0 2
                           7 1 2 1
                           8 1 3 2
                           9 1 1 1
                          10 1 2 1
                          end
                          Code:
                          asdoc tabulate a_present, replace save(dummyresults.rtf)
                          asdoc tabulate a_freq, rowappend save(dummyresults.rtf)
                          asdoc tabulate b_freq, rowappend save(dummyresults.rtf)
                          This code produces 3 separate tables in my document. Is there a way to nest these so the output would look similar to this:

Name:	dummy.png
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1543008

Thank you for any help!

Comment

• I'm using Stata 15, and I'm trying to use the asdoc (a user-written programme) command to produce a nested table of marginal effects after executing the -probit- command. Any ideas on how I can do this? Thanks.

Comment

• Dear Attaullah Shah ,
                              Thank you for creating this user written code.
                              Asdoc helped us a lot while working with the iweight.

Now we are using svy command and pweight to generate various table. Currently we are facing issue with exporting those table, We checked different function on asdoc but nothing is working. It would be really helpful if you support us with the same. I am posting one syntax for your reference.
                              Code:
                              svyset id [pweight=trimweight], strata(dist_code)
                              svy: tab area membersex if final_consent_code == 1, format(%11.3g) row // member

It would be really helpful if you suggest how to export the table using asdoc, as we need to export 100s table so putexcel is also not very helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
                              Rishi

Comment

• Originally posted by Louis Boakye-Yiadom View Post
                                I'm using Stata 15, and I'm trying to use the asdoc (a user-written programme) command to produce a nested table of marginal effects after executing the -probit- command. Any ideas on how I can do this? Thanks.
                                I have the similar question. I am running logit model and would like to export marginal effects of different models. I arbitrarily tried asdoc before -margins- but it did not work (so I assume asdoc only works with direct estimation). Attaullah Shah hope to hear your advice.

Code:
                                clogit Response $As $Ps if Label==0, group(N_ID) vce(cluster UniqueID) 
                                asdoc: margins, dydx ($As)
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X