No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xtreg result shows no R-square value and f stat value

Hello all,

I am trying to run the fixed effect regression for my research but regression result shows no r2 values and f-stat value. I don't understand why this is happening. Can anyone please tell me why this might happen?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1434985

Thanks in advance,

Umme

Well, you are in the unusual situation that you have a single regressor, and its coefficient is precisely 0. The between and overall R2 statistics in Stata are calculated as the squared correlation between the predicted y values and the observed of y, at the group mean or individual observation levels respectively. But in this case, with the sole regression coefficient being zero, there is no variation in the predicted values. The way Stata calculates correlations, the correlation is undefined when one of the variables involved is a constant. Hence the missing R2 values. The documentation does not give an explicit formula for the F statistic: there are several ways to calculate it from the regression results. One way involves calculating it from R2, and if that is what they are using, it will, therefore, also be undefined.

Comment

Working...
    X