No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Output table

Hello everyone!

I am having difficulties trying to export my summary statistics into Word. The main issue is that I have a Pilot and a Control group. I want to show the two groups separately in a single table and also include t-tests for differences in the means for all my variables. Here is an extracted table from a paper by Wang et al. 2016: Table.pdf (Either Panel A or Panel B). I am not sure if Outreg2 would work in this case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

tabout (Ian Watson, SSC) will do some of this for you but not all of it. You could write Excel formulas for the rest.

outreg2 (Roy Wada, SSC) is more suited for regression models and probably won't help here, but maybe someone else has a better idea.
    David Radwin
    Senior Researcher, California Competes
    californiacompetes.org
    Pronouns: He/Him

Comment

Thanks, David!

I had a look at some tutorials and guides for tabout, but the syntax seems too complex for my limited Stata programming skills. If anyone could offer some help with the code I would be very grateful.

Best regards

Comment

Fanetti Mazakura Making a table of summary statistics and exporting it MS Word is very simple with asdoc. Let us use the auto dataset and generate your required statistics i.e. mean, median, std. and t-statistics for selected variables i.e price, mpg, trunk, weight, and turn.

Code:
        ssc install asdoc
        sysuse auto
        asdoc sum price mpg trunk weight turn, stat(mean median sd tstat) replace
        Following is the table generated by asdoc

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	1437018
        Regards
        --------------------------------------------------
        Attaullah Shah, PhD.
        Professor of Finance, Institute of Management Sciences Peshawar, Pakistan
        FinTechProfessor.com
        https://asdocx.com
        Check out my asdoc program, which sends outputs to MS Word.
        For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

Dear Attaullah,

I just discovered your asdoc program: it's really great, flexible and works with a lot of different kind of tables!

Thank you!
          Kind regards,
          Mike
          Last edited by Mike Smet; 20 Apr 2018, 07:56.

Comment

Dear Mike Smet Thanks for your kind words. If you use asdoc in your research please cite this program.

In-text citation
            Tables were created using asdoc, a Stata program written by Shah (2018).

Bibliography
            Shah, A. (2018). ASDOC: Stata module to create high-quality tables in MS Word from Stata output. Statistical Software Components S458466, Boston College Department of Economics.
            Regards
            --------------------------------------------------
            Attaullah Shah, PhD.
            Professor of Finance, Institute of Management Sciences Peshawar, Pakistan
            FinTechProfessor.com
            https://asdocx.com
            Check out my asdoc program, which sends outputs to MS Word.
            For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

Thank you Professor Shah, I just found your programme to be very helpful.

Comment

Working...
              X