No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contrasts of risk differences with mlogit margins

Hello

The Stata manual has a good primer on implementing mimrgns after mi est: mlogit but even after searching through the Statalist, I'm having trouble calculating contrasts between outcomes.

Code:
    webuse sysdsn1
    mlogit insure age i.male i.nonwhite i.site
    margins nonwhite, predict(outcome(Indemnity))
    And that's pretty great. And I can get the contrasts of nonwhite for each level of the outcome by omitting the outcome expression and including the contrast operator.
    Code:
    margins r.nonwhite
    What I would like is a point estimate of the contrasts of contrasts with a confidence interval. If indemnity (outcome(1)) is a reference, how do I obtain the 2 contrasts (of contrasts), the difference between the nonwhite contrast in outcome(2) vs outcome(1)? over(insure) does not get me what I want. within does not work because insure is the outcome and not a covariate.

I believe what I want is:
    Code:
    margins, dydx(nonwhite) pwcomp
    but I'd ultimately like to do this with mimrgns, which doesn't accept pwcomp.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Melvin Donaldson; 21 Feb 2018, 13:26.

So far, I've been able to get the estimates and CIs by posting the mimrgns results and manually calculating the contrasts with lincom. I'm looking for a more streamlined version but this at least works for now.

Comment

Working...
    X