No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantile regression for dynamic panel data

Dear Statalist respected users,

I am working on my 3rd empirical chapter and I am stuck in somewhere in the middle and I hope you can take me out of this problem.

My research question is to test if a variable X affects a variable Y in different percentiles of the distribution of a third variable, say M.

As far as I know, quantile regression can test the relationship between independent variables and different levels of the distribution of the outcome variable, but I do not know how to fit the quantile regression settings in my model given the fact that I have 3 variables. I do appreciate if you can provide me with the relevant Stata commands that can address my problem.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

I do appreciate if someone helps!
    Thanks a lot

Comment

Hi Mohammed, I don't think that your research question is related to quantile regressions. Perhaps, adding an interaction between X and M might fit your need.
      Last edited by River Huang; 29 Jan 2018, 02:08.
      Ho-Chuan (River) Huang
      Stata 17.0, MP(4)

Comment

Hi River,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
        I might not have explained my question properly. What I am trying to do is to test how the Xs affect Y in different levels of a third variable, M. In other words, to test whether the relationship between X and Y changes with the change in the level of M.
        the histogram of the distribution of the variable M is not allowing me to easily break it down to high, medium and low levels. I read about the quantile regression, but I was not able to fit it in my case. The interaction can help me if M is a moderator, but this is not my research question.
        I hope I well explained now.
        Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X