Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you so much, Mark! I used the wrong syntax. You're right, it's very clear in the help file.

Comment

Hi Mark,

Is it also possible to have a percentage from the total ?

Best,
      Anteneh

Comment

I'm not sure i understand your question. Have you read the help file? In particular, have you tried these options:
        total(before|after) include a total column before/after presenting by group
        catrowperc report row percentages rather than column percentages for categorical vars
        (but not binary vars)

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the reply!
          What I meant was a percentage from the total for all values instead of either the row or the column percentage.

Below is an example,

Code:
          sysuse auto, clear
          (1978 Automobile Data)

tabulate rep78 foreign, cell

Comment

Ah, I see. No, it is not possible, sorry.

Comment

Dear Mark:
              Could you please help me with this.
              I can not export with table1_mc_dta2docx
              This message of error always appears

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2020-03-18 a las 9.54.51.png
Views:	1
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	1541775

Comment

Hi Antoni, I'm not sure if have enough information to help you. Does your categorical by() variable have very many categories e.g. 25?? Have you tried browsing the data (. browse) immediately before running table1_mc_dta2docx? Ps I'll be on leave for a week. Feel free to email me (address can be found here: https://researchers.uq.edu.au/researcher/20374) if you can't resolve this next week.

Comment

Hi Mark,
                  Great package! Is it possible that the table1_mc could describe the missing number of continuous variables and determine to use chi2 or Fisher exact in the future version?
                  Thank you!

Comment

Hi Mark,
                    Your package is very intuitive and helpful. Thanks!
                    I am having difficulty with inserting table1_mc into a word document already created with putdocx. I am trying to output the table (after using table1_mc_dta2docx and appending the already saved file from putdocx, but it won't add the table. My code is as follows:

Code:
                    putdocx paragraph, style(Heading2)
                    putdocx text ("Table 1: Demographics")
                    putdocx save PPP_Assessment, append

table1_mc, by(mech_vent2) vars(age contn %4.1f\ gender cat\ apacheiiscore contn %4.1f\ apache3_op cat\ apache3_nonop cat\ admit_source cat) total(after) onecol clear
                    drop pvalue
                    drop N_* m_*
                    table1_mc_dta2docx using "C:\Research\PhD\PPP\PPP_Assessment.docx", replace
                    putdocx save PPP_Assessment, append
                    The error code is "document not opened" after the final putdocx save command.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Ben

Comment

Ya Chen, you need to specify if you want Fisher's exact or chi2. I have thought about automating but won't be implementing that. I don't understand your comment "missing number of continuous variables". The number missing a continuous or categorical variable IS reported.

Ben, we have emailed. What you want to do can be done, but you would not use table1_mc_dta2docx.

Comment

Good afternoon,

I would like to know if the table1_mc command is able to accommodate paired t-tests. Particularly, I am trying to write the syntax to compare pre and post participant characteristics and want the p-values to reflect that of a paired t-test. I tried using the "pairwise123" option, I am either not using it correctly, or it is not working for me, even though from the help instructions, it appears that you put the pairwise123 option after the vars(...). For example, this is part of the table that I had originally before adding the pairwise option:

Code:
                          +------------------------------------------------------------------------+
                          |                                   pre           post           p-value |
                          |------------------------------------------------------------------------|
                          |                                   N=7           N=7                    |
                          | Age                               33.3 (7.9)    33.3 (7.9)      1.00   |
                          | BMI                               23.7 (3.7)    23.6 (4.2)      0.95   |
                          | BDI2 TOTAL                        7.7 (7.3)     4.6 (4.3)       0.35   |
                        Here is a syntax I have tried which gives me a syntax error:

Code:
                        table1_mc  if dropped==0,  by (visit) vars (age contn\ bmi contn \ bdi2_total contn )  onecol nospace pairwise123 format(%12.1f)
                        What am I doing wrong to get this syntax error, how do I fix it? Am I wrong to use the pairwise123 to examine paired variables?

Comment

I'm afraid the command cannot do paired t-tests. The pairwise123 option does independent t-tests for (i) Group 1 v Group 2, (ii) Group 1 v Group 3, (iii) Group 2 v Group 3

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

Hello,
                              How can I use Table1_mc to get median values instead of mean?

Thanks

Comment

make the "vartype" for that variable be "conts" rather than "contn" (which, I guess, is what you are using); for more, see
                                Code:
                                help table1_mc

Comment

Working...
                                X