No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphical illustration of difference in difference analysis with panel data

Hello Statalist users,

I perform a difference in difference analysis with a large panel data set. I'd like to illustrate the results of my analysis in a graph like the one attached:

In this graph, the dotted line shows the control group, while the solid line shows the treatment group (you can see that trends were almost identical before treatment).

My fixed effects difference in difference regression looks like this:
    Code:
    areg y i.treat##i.post i.dm covariates [aweight = cem_weights], absorb(id) vce(cluster id)   /// dm is my time variable, id is the panel variable, treat and post are dummy variables
    Can someone please give me some advice how I can now proceed to illustrate my results in a graph like the one attached? I think I have to use -margins- and -marginsplot- in some form, but I cannot figure out how to do it.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Max Zorn; 08 Nov 2017, 11:17.

Welcome to the Stata Forum / Statalist.

I gather you haven't yet a useful reply to your query on account of at least a couple of reasons:

The attached file is in a "foreign" extension. Opening it may eventually become an endeavour several members would avoid to make.

Even if they open, there is no data to work with.

Please take some time to read the FAQ, particularly on what to share information so as to entail a helpful reply.
    Best regards,

Marcos

Comment

Working...
    X