Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about using the following the command to convert the stata file to an older version, then go to File > Import Data > Stata in the SPSS file to import the "xxxxxx.dta" file?

Code:
    saveold "xxxxxx.dta", version(9) // convert to a stata 9 data file

Comment

Victor Smith
      Saveold will only be useful if the file does not contain any strL types. Since the strL type was introduced later than version 9 this would potentially cause strL variables to either display only the first 244 characters or would omit the variable altogether.

Comment

Ingebrigt Meisingset

Consider using savespss just as Richard Williams had suggested before, i tested it with STATA 14, and the conversion was even compatible with earlier versions of SPSS such as version 13. It works just fine!

Originally posted by Richard Williams View Post
        Good to know about the R limitations. I rarely use notes or characteristics so I don't think it would matter much to me but it may for others. Based on its web page, it looks to me like savespss is the best free solution:

http://www.radyakin.org/transfer/savespss/savespss.htm

Of course, if you didn't have Stata you'd have to use something like one of the R freebies or break down and get Stat/Transfer.

Comment

Working...
        X