No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rgent: Multivariate Tobit Model

Hi there,

I am trying to compute a multivariate tobit model that jointly determines the factors influencing livelihood choices and income derived from these choices.
    I have already run a multinomial logit model for this using a categorical dependent variable for Livelihood, with 3 categories-Agriculture, Wage employment and Non-agricultural employment. I have also coded variables for income received from the different livelihood activities. My independent variables are age of household head, education of household head, household size, land size, livestock assets and infrastructural variables indicating access to electricity and irrigation.

I have looked at the Stata manual on how to run the command, but it isn't clear to me exactly what to do.
    Could some please clarify as to how this model is run?

Some assistance would be much appreciated.
    Thank you,

Asanda: I suggest that you look at mvtobit (from the Stata command line type help mvtobit). This help file will also direct you to other estimation methods that may be relevant.

Comment

Hi John, thank you for the quick reply. I have managed to figure out the coding. Thank you for your assistance

Comment

Working...
      X